“It all started so well...”

Trattoria pizzeria da i matti
Reserve with
Trattoria pizzeria da i matti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #380 of 2,807 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I Matti is situated just outside of the square and as you walk out seems the first resonable eatery. The service to begin with was friendly with the waiter speaking great english, the restaraunt itself had a rustic feel to it and the first impression of cost was good. Bottle of prosecco at 14euro, mineral water ar 2euro.
We sat outside with our drinks and then asked to move inside. Once we moved inside is where it started to go wrong. The bread basket was stale, not rustic, stale. My fiances pancakes were a slab of pre cooked pasta that had been reheated. We sent this back as it was horrible andthe previously friendly waiter was just rude from then on with no apologie and the owner just contiued to watch videos on hks laptop.
The disappointing thing was the way they handeled it. No apologie, no replacement.

1  Thank Aaron H

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Let me keep it short: "I Matti" is an amazing restaurant in Florence. The fiorentina (t bone steak) is really good, so is the pizza. Really friendly staff and the ambiente is typically italian, just beautiful.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Nice place for an evening meal. Big enough so that you don't have to book in advance. The food is good and the service friendly and efficient. Pasta cooked to perfection. I recommend the pappardelle al cinghiale and the pici witha ragu and musgroom sauce. OK selection of wine. The house wine is not bad either.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Nice restaurant with good service. I had a very nice bruschette and tasty bowl of pasta. Service was fine, and the papardelle with wild boar ragu was really good. Good value for money, and free wi-fi as well.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I ate here in September 2014 with friends. Tired of searching for the restaurant in crowdy Florence, we gave up and entered sucked by person which was inviting the clients.
My impressions are the most negative in my life. Lowest level of service ever seen. To receive wine, we had to wait forever, we got them already after have ate the appetizers. Lasagne left much to be desired, chop alla milanese was very below average, roast chicken dry and tasteless .... The worst, however, was the Florentine steak. Asked for the shortest time of cooking, wanted it barely rotated from one to the other side. And what we received? Steaks completely well-done! Without taste, we felt frozen meat and it was very stringy. Reported the matter to the waiter (blonde one), which shrugged and went to another table. No rules, no knowledge about the service, even the Neapolitan cook not saved the kitchen before total defeat ... I do not recommend, these were the worst spent money on food outside.

2  Thank Ewa W