“Our excellent guide, our friend Elizabetta Marchi”

Tuscany Tour Guides Private Day Tours
Ranked #82 of 350 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover Florence, Siena, San Gimignano and the other jewels of Tuscany with us!
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I came across Elizabetta after I checked with recommended guides from Trip Advisor. Elizabetta put together a nine days tour of Florence, Siena, Pisa/Lucca, Arezzo/Cortona, Monteriggioni, Montepulciano/Pienza etc for us. She is not an operator but she would spend time on organizing the chauffeur service, and having other wine expert guides in Tuscany to satisfy us. In another words, she was actually making efforts in arranging something that is beyond her normal service.

She is intelligent, humorous, and kind hearted. She knows the history and art of her country well. The most important thing is that she takes pride in presenting these facts everyday to different people. I would not have imagined the long queue of Uffizi and Accademia if she was not there to take care of the pre-booked tickets!

On one of the full day tour we have spent too much time in Ponte Vecchio and it was near the end of the tour, but we still want to catch a glimpse of Boboli Garden. It was her husband's birthday that day and she still took us there and we walked on the boundary only as it was impossible to walk the entire garden. This is a guide who really attends to demanding tourists like us!

Elizabetta has reommended wonderful homestead villas and an Abbey turned into lodge in Siena and in Montepulciano. The latter, The Locanda dell'Amorosa in Sinalunga is beau-tiiii-fullll!

And I forgot to mention the restaurants she recommended in various towns, they were all very good. No disappointments!

A guide with a .magical touch, she will make you feel that she is a close friend or family after the first two days. I read reviews from other tourists in the forum, and not surprised to find that there re other people who feel the same way! Therefore I intend to keep her as a dear friend, and promised to keep in touch.

We have together discovered a secret place in Florence which she did not even know. I will not mention it here and hope that this special place remains to be a token of our friendship. And we shall no doubt spend sometime there during our next trip to Florence.

See you again soon perhaps in 2015!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Elisabetta did a fantastic job coordinating a ten day Italian adventure for our group of six. We stayed in Florence, Fiesole and Lake Como and wanted to not only see the main sights but also get a taste for rural Italy. A few of the highlights included touring a prosciutto factory (tasting afterwards of course), touring a wine/cheese farm (incredible, organic products), and a personal tour of Florence combined with a photographer following us around all day to capture some great snapshots of our family walking around the city. Elisabetta truly customized our experience to be perfect for us. If you get a chance to go to Italy, do it right -- work with Elisabetta!

1  Thank Libby B
Reviewed 9 May 2014

If you are looking for guide in Florence, you can stop looking, you found her! Elisabetta Marchi is the best guide you can ever imagine. Her knowledge of Florence, Tuscany and the rest of Italy for that matter, is incredible. We contacted Elisabetta for a couple of months ago for a two-day guided tour of Chianti, as well as highlights of Florence's sights. From the first moment she took part in the planning so we would get the best experience and see the best sights in Florence and Chianti. She helped us even with restaurant suggestions and table reservations. Elisabetta took care of us before, during and even after the guidance was over, and always with a humorous comment. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Bjørn T
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I recently went to Tuscany with a group of 8, many of whom had never been to Italy. To help bring the riches of the country alive for them I hired Elisabetta as a guide for San Gimignano, Siena, and Florence. In addition to cultural landmarks, my compatriots wanted see more authentic neighborhoods and of course wanted cappuccinos and pastries every hour. I just wanted stress free navigation on Florence and Siena's city streets.

Elisabetta delivered on all of our needs and more meeting us in our little town and leading a convey of rental cars through the countryside. Her wit and frankness about present day Italian culture and politics really brought the country alive for my friends. She also provided loads of travel tips about getting around Italy even after our time with her was over.

After two days some in my group believed we had been visited by an Italian Mary Poppins, as she brought a little magic to our time in Tuscany and made us feel like family. I recommend you book with her; she is exceptional. Grazie mille, Elisabetta.

1  Thank Cliff C
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Another guide organised for Elizabetta to give our group of 4 a days tour in Florence as she was unavailable. Elizabetta was excellent! She was warm, friendly and had a great sense of humour.
She advised us on where and when to visit places on our own and also recommended a restaurant, which was "perfecto".
We would not hesitate to book Elizabetta again, which we hope to do in the future and we would recommend her to anyone looking for a guide.

1  Thank Adene S