“Incredible people, food, and location.”
Review of Dal Barone

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After running into some issues with our awful hotel (next door) my friends and I were completely lost and didn't know what to do. The wonderful staff of Dal Barone saved our night. The owner, specifically, went out of his way to give us guidance in Florence. Once we figured it all out we decided to give his food a shot - it was spectacular! I can't stop thinking about that sandwich. Definitely go.

1  Thank megalosaurus13

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Not only does "Dal Barone" make a mean prosciutto sandwich, but they also have the most amazing service! When my friends and I arrived in Florence we unfortunately had to cancel our hotel reservation, and therefore had no place to stay that night. The owner of "Dal Barone" called 5 or 6 hotels for us and eventually found an incredible one that turned our days in Florence completely around. He went out of his way to help us, and his food is wonderful.

2  Thank Joanna M
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Great for a quick lunch. Nothing fancy. Just a yummy sandwich or meat/cheese board and wine. Not a great scene, but a good place to get inside and eat. Yum.

1  Thank Sam R
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Had lunch with gf. Around 5 to 6 euros for sandwich. Good chianti wine for 2.5 euros. I had the special dish, apparently pork tripe but tasted more like slow cooked pork. Delicious. Ordered second sandwich. Gf had beef with rocket and pecorino with balsamic dressing. She really enjoyed it. Good value. Not quite as good as the number one place but worth a stop.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

... if you want a light lunch and you're near the Duomo, come here. (You probably know that near the Duomo separating a tourist from his Euros has risen to an art form.) It was recommended by an Italian friend, and our group (him included) ate panini here. I think that's the specialty: sandwiches. I had a sausage sandwich and it was a delight. So was paying for it.