“Tour of Rome”
Review of Kiss From Italy

Kiss From Italy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: KissFromItaly is a boutique tour operator offering exclusive private tours in Florence, Rome, Venice, Amalfi Coast and many other locations in Italy. We provide walking tours, yacht tours, daytrips, transfers and vacation packages. With offices in Florence (Italy) and Boston (USA) we are always ready to help you organizing your dream vacation to Italy.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

There were three of us (seniors) who took this most wonderful tour of Rome. Our driver, the magical and colorful Bruno, met us at the port in Civitavecchia and drove us to Rome. He was a wonderful driver who pointed out sites along the way - peppered with his adorable and sometimes humorous anecdotes. In Rome, at the Colosseum, we met our guide, the amazing Julia. Julia has a PhD in archaeology, but she is also well-schooled in the arts. Her knowledge is unfathomable, and she passed it along with beautiful rhetoric. She recreated the life styles of Romans attending "events" at the Colosseum with such passion that one could almost imagine oneself in the audience as an ancient spectator. We had a scrumptious lunch near the Vatican Museum (a place chosen by Julia) and then toured the Museum and Sistine Chapel. Everywhere we went, Julia preceded our visits with descriptions, portraits and interpretations of what we were about to see - all of which immeasurably enhanced our visits AND our memories - now that we have returned home. Without a doubt, our experience with Kiss From Italy was the jewel of our entire trip - a Mediterranean cruise.

1  Thank Marilyn T
KissFromItaly, Owner at Kiss From Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2015

Dear Marilyn, I am extremely happy to read you enjoyed the tour of Rome with Julia and Bruno. It is beautiful to know we contributed in creating nice memories of your time in Italy. I hope you will come again to spend time with us in some other part of Italy.
Thank you, arrivederci!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Not on time,they were late to take us from hotel after making 100 phone calls!
Very expensive!The prices are fixed for the transfer from airport,but with them I payed double!
Non english drivers! Even if you ask you wont get!!!!
Margarita out guide was excellent (although too detailed)
Later, I Find out that I would have done everything wayyyyyy cheaper!!!!

Hello Sissy, thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry you were not satisfied by our transportation service, on the other side I am very glad you considered our guide excellent.

It is true there is a fixed price for transfers from the airport, but this applies to regular taxis. You asked for a private limo so you didn’t have to wait in a long line for a taxi and you could be sure of having a Mercedes and this type of service has a higher price than the regular taxi transfer.

Regarding the driver not being on time I was hoping you would rectify your statement since is not correct: the driver was perfectly on time at the meeting point, at 10.30 am as you requested. The only problem was that you expected him at the wrong time (10.00 am).

Regarding the language fluency of the driver, while for long range transfers all our drivers are English-speaking, sometimes for short transfers within the city the driver may not be fluent in English. I am sorry if this caused some issues during the 10 minute drive from your hotel to the Vatican and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve our service.

I am very happy you liked Margherita and thought she is an excellent guide. I am sorry that the almost 4 hours you spent with her were not enough to overcome the bad impression caused by the time you spent with the driver.

I hope we will have you again with us in some other city in Italy and this time we will be sure to make you 100% happy about our services :)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We (with two kids aged 10 and 5) had a great time with our guide Margerita in Rome. It was the first time that we have taken a guide and thoroughly enjoyed it due to the large amounts of enthusiasm and knowledge that our guide had. The three hours went by so fast and you could tell she wanted to tell us more and we wanted to keep her for longer! Highly recommend to use the company and ask for Margeritta!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My Mother took a trip to Italy together (who is 76!) and she wanted to visit the Uffizi Museum so I booked a tour online before we left the USA. We wanted to have a guide walk us through and I was not sure what we were going to get - well let me tell you - We had a great time; the company Kiss From Italy was easy to book, they send the confirmation data via email; we meet our guide (who was really wonderful!) at the statue of David and we she knew everything about the museum and the different pieces of art throughout. Spoke great English and was a wonderful young lady. I would do it again, definitely!; Karen - Florida

KissFromItaly, Owner at Kiss From Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2014

Hi Karen, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy you liked KissFromItaly! Grazie and arrivederci.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our tour was booked through Select Italy. We were advised that there could potentially be up to 24 participants, but when we arrived my fiance and I were pleasantly surprised to find that we were the only ones scheduled so it was essentially a private tour. Our guide was Margherita and I can't say enough good things about her. She was incredibly knowledgeable and her background in art history gave the tour a unique perspective. I learned many things about the Coliseum that I would not have even imagined. She was also very personable and enthusiastic, and answered our questions thoughtfully. We have friends who will be visiting Rome soon and we have recommended the tour to them. The highest praise I can give is that if we ever make our way back to the part of the world, we will definitely use Kiss From Italy and especially Margherita again.

Buongiorno, I am happy you enjoyed our VERY small group tour of ancient Rome! Thank you! Arrivederci,