“Best in Florence!”

Ranked #21 of 221 Dessert in Florence
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Of the many gelato shops in Italy, this one is my favorite! Don't be fooled by the huge displays in the windows, those places generally have more preservatives and are less authentic. New flavors are added about once a month, but the classic flavors are just as good. The staff are very friendly and eager for you to sample until you find a flavor that you like. Also, try the cones, they are made in-house and put them above the rest! Definitely must try while in Florence!

1  Thank Kaylie M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Florence and like all good tourists we were on a mission to find good Italian foods. I reckon we had ventured down many back streets and through Piazzas to do this. Of all the gelaterias in Florence we found Edoardo's to be the best we had. The texture was creamy and fresh and there was a good selection of flavours (pistashio for me....yummy).
Over the time we were there it seemed whatever we were doing in Florence we somehow gravitated back to Edoardo's for more. Check them out.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband is a bit of a gelato fiend. Really. Over 2 weeks in Italy, we ate gelato at least once a day. This is by far the best gelato that we ate over our entire trip. Incredibly unique flavors (white wine!), creamy delicious textures, and the obvious freshness of the ingredients all combine to make this a delicious treat. Oh, and I almost forget the homemade waffle cones that are made in front of you! I recommend the pistachio strongly!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We ended the Taste Florence tour at Edoardo for a sweet treat. With a million gelato places in Florence, I was skeptical that this was "one of the best" but it truly was. Our guide said the way to rate a gelateria is by the pistachio gelato. This was the best I had in Italy. Try it - you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

You can tell by the line that is always there, this place is awesome. The homemade cones top off the experience.