“Lovely place, friendly folks”

Leonardo Gelateria-Caffe
Ranked #50 of 212 Dessert in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This place was a block away from our rental so we went a few times for our nightly Gelato fix. Good quality, extremely reasonable prices and I loved the little back courtyard full of flowers, as well as all the artwork. The sesame is really good!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

So I went to this gelato shop because I had a craving and needed a fix. I walk in and the atmosphere was playful and authentic with the children and the atypical flavors that they offered. I go to pay for my gelato and realize that I do not have any cash. I felt very uncomfortable giving him a card (because cards are not typically used in Florence) but had no other option. When I told him I couldn't pay for the gelato, the scooper simply said "No Problem" and even offered me to sit at the restaurant (also atypical, people usually charge you extra to sit in their restaurant and enjoy the fare). I was legitimately shocked and very pleased. I will of course be returning to pay for my gelato, but that fact that he was so kind and didn't give me a condescending look really says a lot about the culture. I will definitely be returning to this shop for my future gelato! On top of the fact that a regular cone was only 1,50 euro!

1  Thank Makeda S
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I would say the ice-cream was ok. Pretty average for Italy. Bonus point was for the atypical flavour as sesame seeds and Dolcelatte. All in all good!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

great prize and delicious flavors and textures! the best ice cream in Florence. I can always take some ice cream here!

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We chanced upon this gelateria on the way back from dinner on our last night in Firenze. Such a shame! If we had seen it earlier we would have bought gelato from here EVERY night. It's so good! Limited choices but every flavor is perfection in your mouth. The cost is also very low. Starts from €1,50 for a small cup up to €5,00 for a HUGE cup. Very worth it. 10/10 would come back here. Wish we had found it sooner... Beautiful garden and tea rooms. Such a perfect hidden gem.