“Good overview of Pisa and Cinque Terre”

Italy on a Budget Tours
Pisa and Cinque Terre Day Trip from Florence by Train
Ranked #10 of 135 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Italy on a Budget tours is a leading Italian travel company based in Florence offering epic trips in Italy for young adventurers aged 18 -39 with a local, passionate, crazy, fun, easygoing and professional crew. The tours are the perfect opportunity to make new friends and meet people of the same age while learning, tasting and visiting what the territory has to offer in a fun environment. We offer day tours, city breaks and holidays in the major Italian destinations such as Florence, Tuscany, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Rome, Venice, Amalfi coast, Sicily and lots more. English is the only language used during the tour, while you think this is obvious, many Italian companies have their tours in several languages. On our tours you won't have to listen the guide repeating the same things over and over again in 4 languages. The tours are more personal and certainly more entertaining.
NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Good overview of Pisa and Cinque Terre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My Husband and I took the Pisa / Cinque-Terre tour which was led by Alex. He speaks perfect English (and italian) with hardly any accent at all. You will not have any trouble understanding him. The most valuable part of this tour is that Alex takes care of all the logistics of transportation and gives advice as to what to see in your short time at each place. He is very knowledgeable of all the places we visited, but if you're looking for a historical informational "headset type of tour" this is not the tour for you. It's basically, he gets you there without a hitch and you're free to explore once you get there. Although, I enjoyed this tour and am not really sure how we would have gotten to Cinque Terre without Alex's help, I would prefer to stay there a couple of days to have time to really explore. If you're just interested in seeing these places briefly without the all-day walking trip, this is the tour for you. Alex is is a great guide and, for the younger girls out there, he looks a lot like Johnny Depp.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank cramer38

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must do!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My partner and I went on the Italy on a Budget - grape escape tour. Given the cost of activity, we were expecting a budget tour, with a sip of wine. How wrong we were! Our guide Alex was fantastic, really knowledgeable and tuned into the top tips people need whilst visiting Florence. He has a wicked accent and can impressively switch from Italian to English perfectly. We had plenty of wine!! Plenty of fun! Met lots of lovely people! The views throughout the day are stunning!! This was defo a highlight of our Rome/Florence trip! I would say it is a must do and would 100% recommend it!!

Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wonderful day in Tuscany!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Our family of four enjoyed an incredible day in Tuscany with our driver Emanuele. We met on schedule and traveled to San Gimignano where we began our day exploring the walled city and eating gelato! Emanuele used our time in the car to explain the history of the city and to tell us about the Tuscany region. After San Gimignano we drive through the vineyards to visit the Torciano Winery. We spent several hours in the lovely tasting room, learning about the wines of the region and the history if the winery. Even though we were not technically having lunch, we were treated to plates of meat, cheese, breads, cookies and of course WINE! The nephew of the owner made our experience very special and fun. We tasted inexpensive to very expensive varieties. After a leisurely tasting we moved on to a quick stop in Monterrigione where we had time to walk the walls. Finally we headed to Siena, where we saw the cathedral and visited the synagogue. Emanuele took very good care of us, walking us to the center of the city so we did not get lost and directing us to the places we wanted to visit. When we met him to depart the city he greeted us with a gift of cookies he thought we would enjoy. Our day ran quite longer than planned but Emanuele did not rush us at all. And all this for a very, very reasonable price. Leading up to our trip I had many e-mail exchanges with the owner, Irene, who was beyond lovely and accommodating. My daughter who is studying in Florence this semester has done several trips with Irene and has enjoyed every one. Although they advertise as budget rips there was nothing budget about this experience.

Visited April 2014
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big fun, easy on the wallet ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I found this to be a highlight of our two weeks in Europe. The cost was more than reasonable for the Grape Escape, and we felt that we got ample bang for our buck. The wines were largely great with only a few average wines (hey, no place is perfect, right?). The locations they chose to take us to; the schedule they put together; and the guides they used were perfect. We weren't rushed, but we certainly weren't bored with too much time anywhere. It was a great experience with many great photo ops that you'll treasure.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My friend, Sharon helped to book this tour (Pisa and Cinque Terre) for the three of us. Sharon hurt her foot the day before the tour hence missed the entire tour. My other friend and I proceeded to join this tour as both of us were excited to see Pisa for the first time. However, my personal review is based on the Pisa tour as I left the tour earlier than expected due to an ankle complication.
I’m glad that I made the right choice to join the Pisa tour! I can’t remember the guide’s name (but I do remember he was from Canada). He was a friendly, organized and responsible guide. He made sure everyone was properly briefed about the historical background of Pisa, what to see and ensured that everyone in the group kept to the planned schedule so that everyone had sufficient time to visit this lovely place. As I was heading back to Florence after the Pisa portion of the tour, he even accompanied me to the Pisa bus station and made sure I took the correct bus to the train station. I enjoyed my trip to Pisa although I did not make it to Cinque Terre.
As for my friend who continued the tour to Cinque Terre; she commented that our guide was good in giving suggestions about what to see in that area, efficient in handling commuting arrangements from one village to another, made sure everyone was comfortable with their meals (he personally served them their meals!) and enjoyed scenic view of Cinque Terre.
To sum it all up, I would say that Italy on a Budget is a very good tour operator and I would do more tours with them when I return to Florence.

Visited April 2014