“Hidden gem”

Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uffizi
Description: I'Margaritaio is not a restaurant but a CocktailBar specialized in Magaritas: you can taste more than 30 flavours.During Happy Hour(from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm)for all cocktails you pay only 4€. Also we have a little food menu: tortillas with sauces, nachos oven baked with cheese and guacamole, mexican sauces, chili with meat,grilled chicken, jalapeno, cactus..More.. Stuffed quesadillas, chicken wings and pork ribs. Also you can taste differents cocktails, very special mojitos more than 25 flavours (black, cedar ,malibu, mirto of Sardinia etc.). Excellent shots, wines and quality beers to satisfy every palate. Finally we have hot drinks: tea, herbal tea, coffe and camomile. Look the pictures. The local is an old prison of 1300 with stone walls and furnished by antiques.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We didn't try the food but the drinks were lovely, happy hour is until 8.30pm so that can save the cost of the cocktails but the prices aren't too bad anyway. Friendly staff, great music and great atmosphere! It's in a vaulted basement/cellar but light and bright inside. Great place to chill!

• Visited April 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bromley, England, United Kingdom
“A must see in the heart of Florence”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Whilst visiting Florence, generally considered to be a visually romantic and culturally diverse city, my partner and I found our selves wandering about feeling a little let down by the night life.

Then we came across L'Margaritaio.

What an amazing little place it is. We saw its little door just off the main street and went down into a cellar style bar. The decor was retro and classy, and the room was alive with the sounds of conversation and blenders churning up ice with tequila. The lighting was perfect and my partner and I found a little table in the corner where we sat for the rest of the night.
Cocktails were reduced due to the three hour "Happy Hour" and so we worked our way down the menu trying the different flavoured margaritas and mojitos that were on offer. The drinks were perfectly made every time and there was no holding back on the measures of alcohol either.
We did not eat a main meal there but the nachos we ordered were nicer then you'd expect from a bowl of nachos, and a very generous portion too.

The staff were happy and accommodating, making sure our glasses were never empty, serving us at the table with personality and manners (something which I felt Florence itself was hugely lacking).
To top the whole lot off, the maestro of the bar, the cocktail waiter who was mixing these drinks, did so with style and theatre, dancing and joking as he swiftly made drinks for the entire bar; despite making them on his own, there was little to no wait once you'd ordered.

We will not forget this place, and the only thing I find sad about this awesome little bar, is that is rests in the heart of a city that I feel offers very little incentive to visit again.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sidmister2000
“Best cocktails ever!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Best cocktails ever! Best pina colada I've ever tried! The owners are very kind and friendly! The place is really nice! The prices are Good!

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A great bar”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Make sure you find the time to visit this bar.It is a little difficult to locate but will be worth the effort.
The youngsters running the show are very welcoming and even smiled politely whilst I practised my Italian.
The Aperol spritz at €4 during the happy hour(s) is great value.
Give it a try and enjoy.

Visited March 2014
New Braunfels, Texas
“Nice change from Italian food”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We are from Texas and began to miss margaritas,quacamole and nachos! We thought we would give this place a try and loved it. The drinks were huge and outstanding. Even the food was good. Great time at this restaurant.

Visited March 2014