All reviews beautiful frescoes del giglio train station ring the doorbell single room brass plaque medici chapel rooms are amazing amazing place to stay old palace water pressure in the shower first floor definitely stay at this hotel again stunning hotel pleasure of staying location is great the entire staff
Reviewed 8 July 2018

I booked a room at this hotel based on reviews about the location and also very beautiful pictures of hotel and its rooms - probably uploaded by management -. The hotel was close to Florence Cathedral and on the second floor of an old building, with a nice and cosy lobby. At first they offered me a complimentary coffee which was nice of them, while I was waiting for my room to be ready. After almost 20 minutes, they offered me a very very small, dark and not very nice and clean room, with almost no window, and a scary and noisy wall hatch. I was shocked and asked for an upgrade, which was refused by the management. After an hour the old fan stopped working, and it didn't work for the next two nights of my stay. When I complained about the unbearable temperature of the room and asked for a room with a proper window at least, in response they just apologized and and did nothing else. It was a terrible experience, staying at this hotel that completely ruined my trip to Florence.

Room Tip: Ask for a room like the ones shown in their ads, and make sure to confirm it before your arrival
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a great location. It's nice and staff is good, but they should not claim that their rooms are wheel chair accessible. We had a room on the top floor and we had to climb stairs. We booked based on information based on website. I have bad knees had a tuff time. I also needed a twin bed which got missed out at the time of booking, it was doable but they refused to do it!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2018

It was a treat for me & my daughters & I was looking for a lovely Florentine Hotel .. and this was it. Beautiful decor and stunning rooms with really lovely helpful staff, who made our stay wonderful. I will definitely be back. We absolutely loved it. Great location and very good breakfasts too.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Just loved this Hotel. Hidden behind a security grill gate, 1st floor of old building. Lovely friendly staff, clean rooms, great wifi, beautiful dining room for breakfast. Can’t fault this quaint Hotel. Highly recommend. Good walking distance to St Maria Novella Stationz and the Duomo. Trattorias close by for good eating.

Room Tip: Quiet, secure, very pleasant, lovely hotel to stay in and enjoy.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was a family residence that was converted into hotel rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Room #4 has an amazing fresco on the ceiling. The breakfast is very good. Walking distance to Duomo church and all the tourist attractions. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family