Il Bargello B&B
US$381
US$344
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$323
US$293
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop terraceother guestsno elevatoryogurthome away from homeliving roompack lightheavy luggagerecommended restaurantseach morningspent two nightstop floordefinitely stay here againsitting areacentral locationwithin easy walking distancebeautiful city
Reviewed 17 May 2005

Il Bargello is a nice place to stay in Florence. Very central and quiet.

It's very high up and there's no lift. If you are even slightly disabled or struggle with stairs you might be better off elsewhere. With heavy cases it was a struggle for me, and I'd consider myself fit.

Gabriella is most helpful. There was a minor logistical problem shortly after booking - we'd booked for three nights and it turned out that Gabriella only had one night available. She called us from Italy, e-mailed us several times, sorted out the problem and found us somewhere else nice to stay. It was beyond the call, really. Breakfast is nice with brioche and cappuccino available. You do eat round one big kitchen table though, so if you prefer to sit on your own table and grunt lovingly at each other like some of us do first thing in the morning, you might find this off-putting.

Rooms were nicely furnished. Our bed was very comfortable. There was no telly and the bathroom was small, but as we were only there for a night it didn't incovenience us.

Overall we enjoyed staying at Il Bargello and would stay there again. If you contact Gabriella and she has no space, ask her whether she could find out if Bruno has rooms at the Badia B+B down the road [I don't think he's on Trip Advisor]. That's where we stayed for the other two nights we were in Firenze. Bruno the owner is lovely and his B+B's nice and comfy.

Paul and Sarah-Jane Venables

13  Thank PRV
Reviewed 15 May 2005

My wife and I just returned from Italy and stayed at Il Bargello in Florence. What a great place. Very clean, beautiful, close to all the sites and makes you feel like your home. Gabriella and Massimo (the owners) are wonderful hosts. Gabriella is from Canada and speaks English and more than happy to provide the best spots to see and where to eat. They have a great roof top deck where you can have a bottle of wine and view the city.

This was the best B&B we've ever stayed at and I would highly recommend it!

14  Thank kcplaza2001
A TripAdvisor Member
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2005

My husband and I just returned from our vacation in Italy and what a way to end it, with a stay at Il Bargello. This place is a gem, hidden on a side street around the corner from the Bargello musuem. The location is perfect...close to everything you want to see in Florence. The hard work that Gabriella and Massimo put into restoring this home was well worth it. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. But what makes this place a "must stay" is Gabriella herself. I have never met a more gracious host in all my travels, who is so enthusiastic about assiting you with excellent dinner reservations, recommendations and anything else you may need. After four nights there, we felt like part of the family and the intimacy of the place is a great way to get to know other travelers. They have a wonderful roof terrace, which is perfect for late night star watching or sunset wine drinking. And don't worry, she has a wine opener and glasses for you. She will accomodate your every need...even finding me a needle to deal with a nasty blister I had developed. I strongly recommend staying at the Il Bargello. You would be missing out on a rich experience if you pass it up!

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 May 2005

My husband and I had a wonderful stay in Florence thanks to our decision to stay at Il Bargello, right in the heart of historic Florence. Okay... driving in to the city to drop off our luggage before returuning the rental car was a bit stressful, but once we ditched the car the rest of our days in Florence were a treat. Everything, and I mean everything, is literally a stone's throw away from Il Bargello. Walking, walking everywhere ...we saw so much more than we expected in our short 3 day stay in the city. Lots of stairs to climb to get the B&B so bring light luggage. There is no other way up to the third floor. Just keep in mind that the third floor may seem like the fifth floor to North American travellers as the ground floor is not considered the first floor and the higher ceilings in Old Europe mean longer flights of stairs. Not a complaint, just a warning. After all the walking whats a few more stairs? Breakfast was delicious, plentiful, fun and always entertaining, with host Gabriella keeping the conversation interesting and animated. What a great discovery the rooftop terrace was! Grab a bottle of wine and make sure you take some time to relax up ther e one afternoon. Anyway we had a great time. Gabriella was fun, extermely helpful and generous too. Thanks Il bargello! It was great and I would not hesitate to recommend this spot to any of my friends travelling to Florence.

• Stayed: April 2005
9  Thank SusanRogers
A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 5 May 2005

We went to Florence, hoping to get a feel for the city.. the food, the atmosphere, the people, & the history. We wouldn't have had nearly as good of an experience if it weren't for Gabriella. Beyond the fact that our room was nice, clean, & comfortable, Gabriella was better than any tour guide or tour guide book that we used during our 10 day stay in Italy. She knows all the good restaurants (and the people that run them) & she knows all the perfect ways to see the sights (including which one's to see first, how to get in quicker, & how to see unique sights that not everyone thinks of). She even recommended the best Gelataria in Florence... and she was right, we snacked there 3 times in 2 days. Her knowledge alone is worth a stay at "Il Bargello B&B"!!

She made our stay perfect!!

• Stayed: April 2005