“Great little hotel”
Review of Hotel Palazzuolo

Hotel Palazzuolo
Ranked #338 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights on the tail end of our honeymoon in Italy. Great location, free breakfast, big room. Nothing fancy. Would recommend it as it was a short walk to the city center, which was great! We had an awesome time in Florence, partially due to being right in the city!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Pretty much the only thing this place has going for it is the location. It is in the center of Florence, right near the train station. The bathrooms have no separate floor, so if you take a shower the whole bathroom floor will likely be flooded. They are nice. On the downside (again) we had to drag our luggage up 2 flights of stairs.

We ended up in a room with 2 twin beds, more likely the fault of the booking company.

They use physical keys. Not my favorite way of doing things.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We booked a triple room and stayed for two nights. The hotel is located 5 minutes from the Florence SMN Station and within walking distance to other attractions. Near by there were many convenience stores and restaurants. Hotel was old and dark, the staff was friendly though with limited English. If you are looking for a short stay and convenient location, this hotel is not a bad choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rqz1999
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This place was simply awful. Heating and AC was not working. Bed was full of hair and smelled terribly. WC was dirty and in towels was a lot of hair too.
Too much expensive for what it was. Basically never again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Miguel A
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel is a good variant for those who came in Florence to enjoy its atmosphere, museums and history and needs the hotel only to sleep and have a shower. Personnel is very friendly but hardly speaks or understands any English, rooms are modest but clean and cheap.
I think that I will consider this hotel when planning my next visit to Florence

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grefuzz G
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We came here hoping to he impressed by the AAA travel advisory service we had used to find Hotel Serena (good value and solid stay in Rome). We got to the hotel only to smell the inn keeper smoking and smoke in our room. No wifi as advertised, or it wasn't working. The staff didn't know the difference. Terrible breakfast and the room was large and the beds were nice but the A/C cut out. Staff did nothing to fix it. The basement room sucks. We tried for a new room but they were all booked. We ended up moving to a different hotel midway through the stay because of how terrible this place was. We forfeited a pre-paid room!

The location of this place is in the back alleys of Florence. Easy to get to from the train but there is nothing around the hotel besides drug dealers and hustlers. Very bad impression for the city.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Bjaehning
Reviewed 21 August 2013

You can walk to the railway station and the main bus station from the hotel within a few minutes. That's probably the most postive thing about this place. I was given a single room (with bathroom) at the back which was spacious but somewhat dingy. I returned one night to find it completely flooded and the staff didn't even know or care! They eventually moved me to another room but I had to share the bathroom.
Security is also lax. When I came to collect my bags on the evening I was going to catch my train, there was no one at the front desk. I could have walked away with all the luggage that was stacked in a heap! I rang the bell, called out, but there was not a soul around.

The hotel did make a reservation for me for my Uffizi visit but that's now a routine practice in Florence.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo