This place is very near perfection for a traveller not looking for a resort.
The negatives are well promoted and not a big deal but worth a mention;
- it has only one shared bathroom for those rooms without their own bathroom
- it has no lift but is only on the 2nd floor
- it has no TV - not a big deal in Florence but maybe for some.
The positives are endless not least the bargain price. The location is absolutely superb, only a street back from the river near the Pontivecchio and in the cutest street ever. The building itself is beautiful with a huge door, a 500 yr old bust above it and has a very nice first impression.
The people who run it are perfect - friendly, so warm and helpful - you just want to talk to them and listen to their advice and get to know them - also a very cute couple.
The feel of the accommodation is wonderful - I have stayed in many types of accommodation like this and many are outdated and very average. This place is very cute and a little trendy looking - really nice.
They have all the tourist info you need to get started and within minutes you can be in the thick of it or away from it - up to you.
Clearly I love this place and for the price, I don't think you will come close - enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a 12th century palace off Via de' Tornabuoni and just steps away from Ponte Vecchio. Minimalistic and calm atmosphere inside enhanced by subdued lighting and Japanese simplicity. Renaissance meets Zen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Cestelli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cestelli Hotel Florence