Relais Santa Croce
San Firenze Suites & Spa(Florence)
US$473
US$342
US$274
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsenoteca pinchiorrijunior suitepublic rooms areformer palaceglass of proseccoroom amenitiesbeautiful hotelhotel restaurantexceptional hotelcommon areasthe ground floorsmall hotelthe hotel managerrooms are lovelyreception areaquiet streetstar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is truly 5 stars. Service is excellent. You are greeted with a glass of prosecco and a tour of the former palace. It is a gorgeous hotel. The rooms were spacious and very nice. Large bathrooms and in room bar. The breakfast does not offer a huge selection, but a very nice one, and you can order eggs cooked any way you would like. Staff were all gracious. The linens were a bit rough and they charge, a lot, for wifi. Very nice hotel though and centrally located. You can walk everywhere from here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kayak41952
Daniele_Carta, Direttore generale at Relais Santa Croce, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very positive comments regarding your recent experience at Relais Santa Croce. I will be delighted to share your review with the entire team and we hope to serving you in the near future.

No doubt that we will all do our utmost to gain 5 points on TripAdvisor this time!

With warmest regards and Arrivederci to your next trip to Firenze.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just spent 5 days at this hotel in a suite, very nice bathroom and wonderful people , the food and beverage is a bit more pricy but still reasonable given the location of the hotel.

We found there to be amble a space to unpack and store our clothe however we did find so e previous guest garments in the top shelf in one of the cub boards

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Daniele_Carta, Direttore generale at Relais Santa Croce, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for posting your excellent review on Tripadvisor.
In this kind of job that we do with a smile every day, such feedbacks really make a difference and remind us the most gratifying reason why we have chosen this life.
It is also very important because it means that we are on the right track and it will encourage all of us of doing even better.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Firenze in the near future, we send a very warm Arrivederci.

Relais Santa Croce, Firenze

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel for our 25th anniversary. It was our first time in Italy and we arrived at the Relais Santa Croce after a fabulous 6 night stay at the Waldorf in Rome. We had high hopes upon arriving as the reception and sitting areas were very nice, but it all went downhill after our initial impression. We had requested a view months before. Our view ended up being the roof of another building and a bit of the steeple of the St Croce cathedral. The room was bare and ugly with a red plastic chair, unvarnished wood floor, no rugs, stainless steel bed, and no pictures. It was a cold and uninviting room. The cost of the room was 381 Euro per night. At most it was worth 180 Euro per night and had I paid that, I would have been a bit more ok with the plain room with basically no view. The less than attractive room ended up being the lesser of two evils at the hotel. The worst part of our stay involved a very rude doorman. The hotel had a Michelen star restaurant which one costs around 400 Euro for an evening meal. The people staying at the hotel were an older crowd that seemed content with the ugly rooms in exchange for the upscale restaurant and sitting areas. The doorman was very short with us; I'm assuming because we left each day and returned looking like tourists. Unlike many of the hotel guests, we came to see Florence, not to sit in an upscale restaurant or reception area. The first bad experience we had with the doorman was when we asked him to get us a taxi as we were dressed up to go see the sun set at the Michelangelo Piazza. He rolled his eyes and said, "You have to ask for a taxi at the front desk. We started back upstairs when he reluctantly called upstairs with his walkie talkie to request a taxi. Upon returning that evening around 11 pm, he was standing outside the door and as we approached the steps, he turned his back and shut the door in our faces. Another doorman quickly ran up the stairs, apologized and opened the door for us. I feel that we were treated rudely because we weren't dressed in formal clothing daily and we didn't languish around the hotel. We didn't spend the majority of our time at the hotel because we wanted to experience Florence. However, if we had received polite service at the Relais Santa Croce we would have eaten at their restaurant. We throughly enjoyed the Michelen star restaurant, La Pergola, at the Waldorf in Rome but we chose not to do business with the restaurant in the hotel because of the rude, snobby staff. Lack of service and manners on the part of the hotel staff was unacceptable. I would never stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to anyone wanting a pleasant stay in Florence.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy M

Dear Mrs. and Mr. Morris,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor which I did not expect in this terms in consideration of the long correspondence we had privately.
As you know I personally contacted you following your report about the issue with the doorman during your stay.

First of all I am extremely astonished that although your Comment Card in regard to your stay at Relais Santa Croce was positive, expect the point about the issue with the doorman of course,
you are now describing a different scenario on TripAdvisor.

For example you write that we have “red plastic chair” and I am sorry if you did not recognize a leather chair from the world famous Florentine Leather School, which we
work in partnership with.
In regard to the view from the room, we thank you for having reserved a Deluxe room on our official website, where we clearly inform guest about a “typical Florentine streets” view.
You were actually allocated a better Deluxe room where you also had the possibility to see part of Santa Croce Basilica façade but you did not appreciate it.
As you can imagine in this busy time we are running full daily and we were not able to free upgrade you.

Going to the main point of the review, after you generously described by email the doorman to me, it was clear that the person was not a member of Relais Santa Croce staff but on the contrary he was the doorman of Enoteca Pinchiorri restaurant.
I would like to highlight once again that Relais Santa Croce has another restaurant called Guelfi & Ghibellini.
Michelin starred restaurant (Enoteca Pinchiorri) you are talking about does not belong to the hotel, but we share the palace and the main entrance with pride since ten years now.

I also had the opportunity to talk with the owners of Enoteca Pinchiorri about this issue and they were extremely sorry about this problem and I can also confirm that proper measures have been
taken by Enoteca Pinchiorri to prevent such accidents in the future.

In conclusion, although all your high dissatisfaction during your stay, I am sorry you did not report any issue to the Reception or asked for myself in four days.
Secondly, even if I clearly informed you that the doorman was not a member of Relais Santa Croce (and you agreed on that), you still wrote something not pertaining our staff
and damaging their high reputation recognized by thousands of Guest every year.

I really hope that you will have time to write all positive comments you wrote me about other hotels (including our sister hotel you were staying at during our exchange of emails), otherwise somebody may think that your “first” and “unique” review on TripAdvisor was a simple revenge of my refuse of reimbursement you asked me privately.

Should your plans bring you to Firenze again in the future, I will be honored to offer the special arrangement I confirmed by email.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I come to Florence twice a year for work and last June i stayed at The Relais Santa croce, the hotel is perfectly located ,right in the heart of the city close to museums, restaurants and bars and best shops in town, plus right next to the most famous Italian "Enoteca" (the Enoteca Pinchiorri) the rooms are spacious and elegants also romantic for couples. the staff extremelly helpfull and kind. I will go back !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PAO008
Daniele_Carta, Direttore generale at Relais Santa Croce, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing with us and with TripAdvisor community your recent experience at Relais Santa Croce.
I am extremely happy to read you had a wonderful time here with us in Firenze and be sure that I will share your review with all team.
As you wrote, you travel to Florence twice a year and naturally we would be very honored of becoming your "Florentine home" for the next future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back personally to Relais Santa Croce, I assure you of our best attention at all times.

A presto,

Relais Santa Croce, Firenze

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Two weeks, four cities, and this was our one hotel for the entire trip (the rest were Airbnb rentals). Carefully selected, expecting a lot---we are formerly from New York city and San Francisco proper---and it exceeded our expectations. Relais Santa Croce is class, comfort, and style wrapped up in a lovely, friendly package. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left this place made us feel great. Two parents and a 15 year old. Service is top notch, average suite was exceedingly comfortable. Wish we had eaten at the lovely restaurant downstairs but didn't have the opportunity. We are FB friends with one of the staff so we are still in touch with them so to speak. We really had a great time; it helped make our stay in Florence a memorable one.

Room Tip: South side, top floor are the best in our opinion.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dfoote13
Daniele_Carta, Direttore generale at Relais Santa Croce, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing on Tripadvisor your recent stay at Relais Santa Croce.
I extremely glad to hear you had a fantastic stay with us and rest assured that I will share your comments with the entire team, which will be encouraged by your remarks.
I am sure you know that we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations and it is very nice reading we went beyond your expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home"
while in Firenze and Grazie.

Arrivederci,