“3rd World rental company to AVOID absolutely”

Alinari Scooter Rental
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Had reserved by phone a 250 Yamaha scooter. A total wreck. Seat detached and fuel gauge broken. Went to another place. Do the same if you're sensible

Reviewed 9 July 2013

The chain broke on my rented bicycle, and the owner tried to charge 55 euros to fix it. Yet the repair required only a pin costing less than $1. We had rented 2 bikes for a day and my seat could not be tightened enough to stay level; it was dirty, and the gears skipped. The next day when I walked in with the broken chain, he claimed it was a new bicycle. I expect he tries this scam on many people a day, and earns a lot of money cheating customers. Finally, I took the chain to another bicycle shop who did not charge for the 2 minutes it took to tap in a new pin. When I returned with the repaired chain, he finally return our signed, but blank credit card slip left as a deposit. Do not rent from this business!

2  Thank Gatherer78746
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I read both the good ad bad reviews before I rented so I went with a bit of pessimism. The staff was nice enough, other than the owner playing "Jewel" on the computer while she half talked to us, and the bike was perfectly rideable. Inside of Florence the riding is exhilarating and very technical, but once you leave Florence for the countryside the riding is curvy and stunning. We followed the Siena SS222 signs until we reached Panzano in Chianti for an amazing lunch by the church. The ride back into the city was fun but a bit confusing as to how to get back to Alinari. The only moment that put a bad taste in our mouths was that they claimed we stared with a 1/2 tank of fuel not a 1/4, but our carbon copy of the receipt quickly ended that discussion (keep your receipt). Overall experience was very good and I would suggest it to anyone who feels confident on a scooter.

2  Thank mmaterne
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My son and I rented Honda 125s from Alinari. We had a great experience. The scooters weren't new but they performed flawlessly and we were treated well by the Alinari staff.

Riding scooters in Florence is a LOT of fun. As someone said, the only rule is, "there are no rules." My son and I are experienced riders, we own scooters at home. That made things much easier.

3  Thank 1Coaster
Reviewed 23 May 2012

If you are interested in renting a scooter or motorcycles, please try STRADA NOVA ( google for the website).

If you are interested in renting a bicycle, please try BIKE TUSCANY or BIKE FLORENCE.

We have rented scooters from Bike Florence two years ago, and they were great! Now they just rent bicycles now. They were nice enough to inform me about STRADA Nova. So this trip, we rented a scooter from STRADA Nova... Great scooter, great helmets with visor, great directions, and gave us places where to get the cheapest gas in Florence.

As a last minute decision, we decided to rent a scooter for the day. STRADA Nova was booked for the next two days. I googled " renting scooter in Florence" and ALINARI came up on several English websites and blogs. It was also on TripAdvisor and noted in the back of mind that it showed 2-3 stars. Eager to rent a scooter for the day, I ignored it, and what a mistake I made!!

Make a long story short : We hurried out of Florence before it got too dark. We soon noticed that they gave us only a half tank of gas. As soon as we got out of city traffic, I noticed that the speedometer was 0. It wasn't even working. The right mirror handle was broken and duck taped so the mirror constantly needing adjustment as soon as we moved. Initially, I thought it was a great scooter (125 cc) since it was a Honda! Needless to say, they rented us a lemon for the same price as other rental places.

Upon returning, she claimed the tank was 3/4 full and wanted us to pay 6 euros. When we tried to tell her it was only half a tank, she was argumentative. And when we told her the speedometer was broken, she claimed she already knew that!! Nice.

Please stay away from them. Totally unprofessional and just want to make a fast buck from tourists!!!!

2  Thank OakleafFarm