“Pretty good hotel”

Ranked #145 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Preston, United Kingdom
“Pretty good hotel”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were very happy with our stay in this hotel. Attractive and clean, big room with a big enough bathroom. The breakfast was good with plenty of choice. The staff were good too, not that we had much more than minimum contact with them.
The location was great...right next to the train station. Bit of noise at night from the tram which runs outside but nothing major.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

So extremely convenient to get to after a long trip as you can walk from the train station. Well located just a 10 minute walk to the sites and surprisingly quiet! Breakfast was beyond our expectations and we found the hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. We would stay here again as the rooms were clean and the double room very spacious for Italy.

Stayed September 2013
2 Thank NBrunswicker
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Overall this is not a really positive review. Not because of the hotel itself, it was fine. The rooms were ok. The breakfast actually good, the common areas nice. The location was close to the train station but a little unsettling walking in the very deserted street at night. . It was the staff and manner that we were treated that was so disappointing. Very cold, uninterested and we waited endlessly at reception to be attended to and checked in. Then they said they had different booking details to us. I had a double room booked on my details. they said they had a single and charged an extra 30 euro for my daughter take it or leave it. They didn't attempt to show me the booking details they had which made me feel I was being ripped off. Also we were told wifi cost 5 euro per 24 hours. Really! Do they know that no-one else in Italy charged for wifi. As it turned out it was my booking agents error, but I don't think the stay was good value at the inflated price. I feel you can surely have a better experience elsewhere in Florence as we did when we stayed elsewhere a week later.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa D
embassyfirenze, Direttore at Hotel Embassy, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Mrs Lisa,
thank you for your review!
I'm apologize if you didn't feel welcoming, our attention to the guest is one of first aim and one of the first thing that clients apprecciate of us.
During check-in and check-out we explained and show that the tour operator booked us 1 single room and sell you 1 double room and we try to give you all the support to solve the problem.
After my call to the tour operator, I suggested you to check with your travel agent the mistake and to ask to be refund.
We have also some e-mails after your stay and I explained you again the situation not depending on our fault.
I'm sorry but we couldn't do more.
Hoping that your travel agent solve the problem.
Rgds
Irtene Vezzosi
Jerusalem
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is a nice place, the room are beautiful, shower is great and the breakfast they are offering was superb but why stay there if the service you get is not friendly. the staff looks at you as a tiresome chore and not as guest at there hotel.
When we checked out we were told that the priced we were told was without taxes and we ended up paying a lot more.

and there is one more thing: the computer didnt work and you had to pay for the wifi something that I think is basic in any hotel

2 Thank Elad K
Dear Guest,
thank you for your review and for the nice words.
I'm apologize for the misunderstanding, each reservation and e-mail show that in Florence clients have to pay the city tax and I'm apologize if you didn't note that.
I'm sorry if you fell not welcoming , our attention to the guest if one of our first aim.
Best Wishes
Irene Vezzosi
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have visited this Hotel in August 2013 for a weekend trip. The Hotel is exactly as it is written, very good quality with a great service. The location is just ideal if you intend to walk around the historic down town of Florence. I have reserved parking in advance as it was advised. The parking is right beside the Hotel in a safe closed area watched by cameras. The Hotel is right beside the Train Station which at first I thought might be a bit discomfort but not at all. I heard so many bad stories about the traffic in Florence however did not experience that. We find the way to the Hotel within 10 minutes after arriving to the City and that's it. Parked and went along walking. The down town area is right the other side of the Train station, very close. No noise at all and the staff is friendly, rooms are modern and clean, breakfast is rich. No need to say more, definitely will go back here if I visit Florence again...

Enjoy your trip...

Mgarr, Malta
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My family and myself (4 people) stayed at this hotel last August/September (2012) - I am slightly late in writing this review as was pregnant and had a baby :) This hotel is fantastic! I have been to Firenze before & even my family & this was by far the best hotel ever from all aspects:

1. Excellent central location...couple mins. away from centre of florence & all major attractions
2. Very close to train station
3. Very quiet at night - you will have a great nights' sleep
4. Spotless clean! (& we are fussy when it comes to hygiene esp. since I was pregnant as well)
5. Fabulous, fresh, breakfast with loads of healthy options as well...so much choice...you look forward to waking up for d scrumptious breakfast
6. Friendly, helpful staff...from d waitressing staff @ breakfast...to the maid services...reception
7. Extremely comfortable beds
8. Spacious rooms
9. Luxuriously finished rooms & bathrooms
10. Great value for money!

I highly recommend this hotel

Thank you to all d staff & keep up the great service & prices

2 couples from Malta

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NutritionEducator
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Great location, prompt service, clean room and excellent value for your travel dollar. Just a short 4 minutes walk to the train station.
We stayed 1 night only as we were heading to Monterosso the next day. We were returning to Florence after 3 days to catch our flight. They agreed to store our 2 check baggage for 3 days without any charge. I would say that is great customer service. I am in the travel business and will certainly send my clients to this hotel based on my experience.

Room Tip: Ask for room that does not face the road.