“Vincenzo is psycho!”

Ranked #382 of 421 Hotels in Florence
San Jose, California
“Vincenzo is psycho!”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I had booked 4 nights for my Mom and her two friends in mid Oct. at this hotel.
When they arrived, apparently, they did not like the accommodations at all.
Their complaint, later I found was the room itself; small and smelled bad; and the flights of stairs; the ladies are in their sixties and seventies.
They asked if they could be given a different room that was at least bigger but apparently this Vincenzo person became very rude and threatening so they ladies literally ran away from his place in fear.
I received an email from Vincezo saying that there is something wrong with these ladies and they have just taken off for no reason from his place! That he was going to charge them the full 4 nights!!!
At that time, I had no clue as to what was going on! I was quite concerned!
After, I heard from my Mom and heard the story I found the whole experience disturbing but after much walking and inquiring they had been able to find a place to stay.

Now after a few months I am receiving another email from this Vincenzo person which I am copying exactly as sent to me:

ciao
do you remember me

I'm vincent from hotel duilio in florence

you are very poor ...

What a psycho!
This person scares me even thousands of miles away!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sepideh999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I stayed here for two nights while travelling with my boyfriend. And I am so happy we did!
Vincenzo recommended places to eat, places to go, helped out with all our problems, let us choose rooms and so on. A kind man who is great at what he does - running this hotel.
The room was good, the bathroom maybe not as great but still not a big problem.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone, except people looking for a really comfortable room. There are a lot of other more expensive places to stay if that's what you want, but I promise that you'll never get a personal service at this level anywhere else in Firenze!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We were in Florence for five days and wanted to save some money so after reading the reviews about this hotel decided to stay here. The rooms are basic but very clean. Vincenzo is a great host, very kind and helpful, he even gave us a converter when we blew ours up and would not take any money from us. Great location away from the crowds and close to the river which was wonderful. Bathrooms are small but we were ok with that. Yes it is up two flights of stairs but Vincenzo helped us with our luggage so that was fine too. Thanks Vincenzo!

• Stayed October 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 10 July 2011

The location was great, a short walking distance from the railwaystation and also all the main sights in Firenze.

Viscenzo (spelling?), the manager, was really nice and helpful in showing us where to eat and which buildings to see.

Price was reasonable, but as a tip; Viscenzo prefered customers calling him rather than booking at online booking sites (we used booking.com)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Felt like we were at home with the service. Walking distance to everywhere!

• Stayed April 2011
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Vincenzo was a fantastic host and very accommodating considering that I had messed up my booking and arrived on the wrong day!
The room was small but absolutely fine and had everything I needed. Breakfast came with the booking and was provided in a little cafe down the street. Initially I was a bit put off by this but it actually added to the stay as there is really nothing like having a coffee & croissant, soaking up the atmosphere surrounded by locals in the centre of Florence. I loved it.

The hotel is on the first floor of No 13 Corsa Italia (no lift) and is within walking distance to all the fabulous historic sites. The road itself is quiet so there should be no worries about passing traffic.

If I was going to make any negative comment, it would be that the bedrooms all branch from the reception area and as a result, you can hear everyone coming in and going out. Otherwise I thought it was a lovely place to stay and great value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Vyskov
Reviewed 29 March 2010

The hotel is in a very good location close to all the main attractions. It provides a very good service for the money, our room was cleaned every day and we enjoyed our stay a lot. Most of all the owner was very helpful and easy-going. He answered all our questions and fulfilled all our requests, which made our stay very pleasant. Such a service is very often not presented in much more expensive hotels. I recommend it very much.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family