“Hotel Ester is Excellent.”
Review of Hotel Ester

Hotel Ester
Ranked #166 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I am a student studying in Rome for the last 4 months. I had stayed at this hotel once before with a school trip and the staff were very efficient. Florence is beautiful and I decided to make a trip back, and I booked at hotel Ester again. I accidently booked a single room when I needed a double room. It was for romantic getaway to Florence for two people. The staff said they would take care of the booking and let me know about the change in charges. We went out into the city all day and came back to the hotel only to be told they had given us the best room that had there. It was on the top floor looking directly onto the Florence Cathedral. Absolutely amazing and very romantic. When it came time to check out I asked about what I owed them for the room change and they said I didn't owe them anything. What a great staff!!!! Not only did they fix the mistake that I made, but they didn't even charge me and gave me the best room in the hotel, almost like they new that we were a young couple looking to enjoy a very romantic moment, and they gave that too us in a very amazing room. I have stayed here TWICE and I RECCOMEND to stay at this hotel if you visit Florence. Its location is amazingly close to all the major sites and markets. The staff is very friendly and make you feel like home. The hotel is very clean and very well kept. I know that one day I will return to Italy and I will return to Florence, and when I do, Hotel Ester is were I will be staying. :) THANK YOU TO THE STAFF AT HOTEL ESTER!!!

Room Tip: If it is for a romantic time, ask for the room on the 5th floor that goes up its own private stairs...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian R

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

For the price we couldn't have been happier with this last minute booking. Great location right near the Santa Maria Novella (Florence's main train station) and easy walking distance to all the main sites.

We stayed on floor 5 and had sweeping views over Florence including the magnificent Duomo.

Staff were lovely and the breakfast at a local cafe was fine (don't expect your standard eggs, bacon, cerial etc though. It's Italy, that's not their vibe).

The hotel also had a well appointed kitchen if you are looking to save a dollar and prepare a meal yourself.

All in all we highly recommend!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Very clean and convenient location. Supermarket to buy food and drinks nearby. Very convenient near the train station. Anna was really nice and made great restaurant recommendations that you should follow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I only stay here for one night but I had one of the greatest night ever in Italy. The receptionist was really helpful, they even gave us a city map and a quick guide when we checked in. The room was really nice, with a great shower and a hair dryer. Inside the room, you'll find a computer that works perfectly with skype in it. The location is perfect and easy to find. I would definitely be back to hotel Ester if I go to Firenze!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Staff were great, upon check in we were taken up to our room, shown how to use the television, arranged laundry and shown the shared kitchen area. Our room had a balcony with amazing views of the Duomo and Florence skyline. Staff were more than willing to help with any questions and suggestions and booking tours for us. Free wifi and Sky a TV was a bonus! Only small downside it can be a little noisy as the you can hear people walking around in other rooms but not too bad.
I would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew700
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Yes, it is just a few steps from the train station, though with an entry it shares with several other hotels, a small elevator to the third floor, a lobby and some rooms, and with more rooms on a fifth floor, the Ester on first glimpse is not very inviting. But the desk clerk was warm and welcoming, and the corner room on the fifth floor he ushered us into a spacious, bright and clean, with a five star view of the Florence cityscape and Duomo. The room also had functioning wi fi, a desk computer, a large TV, and an adjoining large bathroom that could have used some toiletries. And if needed, one could share a well appointed kitchen down the hall. But you really dont need to, given an array of nearby eateries, and the clerk's recommendations, along with discounts for guests. Convenient, clean, accommodating, great for an overnight or a few days.

Room Tip: Fifth floor, corner apartment with a view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Pros:
+ Location by train station, literally 2-3 minute walk
+ Lots of restaurants nearby
+ Good price
+ Reasonable rooms - they upgraded us to the 'romantic suite' which was on the top floor with had a great view of the Duomo.

Cons:
- Small bed - the 'double' here is the small version, not sure how it works in Europe but was not what I expected
- No breakfast

Conclusion: A tough one since I wanted to give the hotel the highest rating - great location in an affordable area of town. However, the sleep quality (primarily due to the tiny bed) wasn't quite there for me so I took off one star. For a short stop in Florence I cannot imagine a better place and would return.

Tip: The breakfast place suggested by the front desk is good value, but horribly crowded in the mornings. For dinner turn right twice after leaving the hotel to go to a great street with good food. There is a gelato place which was featured in our food tour on this street and convenience stores if you want cheap water or snacks.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CalgaryCanuck