“Comfy stay in Florence”

Ranked #178 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Comfy stay in Florence”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in room 5 and it was huge, clean, had decent wifi, and had a big tv. The reception gave us incredible recommendations for dinner spots - both seemed like hidden gems with mostly locals. We will definitely go back here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank knstinnett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of the location, 3 min to the station and walking distance to the duomo, and the cost.
We were not disappointed.
The hotel was easy to find and the rooms were surprisingly big. We were placed on the road, so had a view of the street from our small balcony, which was nice. Only issue was it was a little noisy. Did not bother us too much, as we were tired from walking everywhere, but may bother others.
The bathroom, especially the shower, which was huge, was nice and clean.
The satellite tv had heaps of movies, in English, which was great when you needed a rest.
Breakfast was adequate, the cafe staff were really nice and friendly.
Staff at the hotel spoke english well and were really helpful with directions and any assistance required.
Would definitely go back and recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel at really good prices.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luke B
Singapore
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel that is near train station.
Great hospitality and provides free wifi and breakfast set at cafe.
With Sky TV, it is a bonus!
Highly recommended especially those who come by train! Walking distance to Duomo.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Great price, clean neat and well equipped rooms, beautiful view from room. There is a separate kitchen facility that you can freely use. Booked off trip advisor and was not disappointed. Has sky tv and We were happy to watch tv in English after being in Europe for a few weeks! Just a bonus :)

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

good location: a few minutes on foot from main station
friendly and calm staff
eqipment is nice: computer is equipped at each room so as to communicate via Skype with reception desk, washing machine is equipped at every floor etc.

We noticed that we had been in our honeymoon trip in advance, then it seemed that they had allocated bigger room.

Hence we had a comfort and exciting time here in Florence supported by nice hotel.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I am a student studying in Rome for the last 4 months. I had stayed at this hotel once before with a school trip and the staff were very efficient. Florence is beautiful and I decided to make a trip back, and I booked at hotel Ester again. I accidently booked a single room when I needed a double room. It was for romantic getaway to Florence for two people. The staff said they would take care of the booking and let me know about the change in charges. We went out into the city all day and came back to the hotel only to be told they had given us the best room that had there. It was on the top floor looking directly onto the Florence Cathedral. Absolutely amazing and very romantic. When it came time to check out I asked about what I owed them for the room change and they said I didn't owe them anything. What a great staff!!!! Not only did they fix the mistake that I made, but they didn't even charge me and gave me the best room in the hotel, almost like they new that we were a young couple looking to enjoy a very romantic moment, and they gave that too us in a very amazing room. I have stayed here TWICE and I RECCOMEND to stay at this hotel if you visit Florence. Its location is amazingly close to all the major sites and markets. The staff is very friendly and make you feel like home. The hotel is very clean and very well kept. I know that one day I will return to Italy and I will return to Florence, and when I do, Hotel Ester is were I will be staying. :) THANK YOU TO THE STAFF AT HOTEL ESTER!!!

Room Tip: If it is for a romantic time, ask for the room on the 5th floor that goes up its own private stairs...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian R
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

For the price we couldn't have been happier with this last minute booking. Great location right near the Santa Maria Novella (Florence's main train station) and easy walking distance to all the main sites.

We stayed on floor 5 and had sweeping views over Florence including the magnificent Duomo.

Staff were lovely and the breakfast at a local cafe was fine (don't expect your standard eggs, bacon, cerial etc though. It's Italy, that's not their vibe).

The hotel also had a well appointed kitchen if you are looking to save a dollar and prepare a meal yourself.

All in all we highly recommend!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple