“Clean rooms, walkable to all places, but night staff was rude”
Review of Hotel Enza

Hotel Enza
Ranked #233 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Boston, MA
“Clean rooms, walkable to all places, but night staff was rude”
Reviewed 18 October 2009

My room was right off of reception, and on two separate nights between midnight and 1:00 I was awakened by the loud chattering of the night clerk, which became only slightly less loud after I opened my door and asked her to lower her voice. Another night clerk hassled my friends and me when my friends came back with me one night to check train schedules on the computer in the common area. The same clerk hassled us when they stopped by another night to pick up olive oils I'd brought back from the market for them. On neither occasion were my friends in the hotel for more than 10 minutes. We are not loud people. This night clerk was a jerk. The day staff were fine and friendly, but the night staff was so rude and on repeated occasions, that I'd never go back. The rooms were clean, the bathroom updated, and it is an inexpensive hotel by Florentine standards.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank lascaux456

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 4 October 2009

Not a great great area, but close to train station, 10-15 min walk to the nicer areas of Florence. Nice clean room. Very nice staff.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed 20 August 2009

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with this hotel! It was very nice. We had a room with a detached private bath! The price was just amazing and for some reason...nothing bothered us here. The detached bath was not a problem at all... the room was ordinary and not updated like other places we stayed but we really liked this place. It had a nice vibe and the people were really nice. The internet was free and the location was great. All in all we would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed 8 August 2009

The hotel is small and the room a bit cramped but a good value for the city of Florence. It's on a busy street but the room was quiet at night. Since it was a warm spell, we took up their offer of turning on the AC. You can arrange parking with a garage down the street, which seems like a good deal, since we didn't see much parking elsewhere (20 euro/night). Free us of the PC/internet in the lobby was a convenience. Staff was helpful. They offered a breakfast deal with the cafe (it looked like a corner convenience store) on the corner. Since we were planning to be out and about, we declined. There were plenty of breakfast choices around.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Quiet, small clean room with reasonable ensuite. Mostly friendly helpful staff who spoke English. Free Internet was great. Gave us incorrect directions via email so got soaked in downpour trying to find it. Could not use YABBA card or other calling cards from room telephone and they wouldn't let us use the reception phone. Only Italian speaking channels on TV. Make sure you leave towels etc on the floor if you want them changed daily.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Arboath, Scotland
Reviewed 25 June 2009

The Hotel Enza is located a 10 minute walk from the train station, and a 10-15 minute walk from the majority of attractions. The room was spacious enough for myself and daughter, with an en suite shower room. The room was located at the rear of the hotel which meant no view, but also meant no street noise. The room was clean and the bath towels large and fluffy! There was a TV and Air Conditioning, both with remote controls that worked. There was a computer in the small reception area which was internet connected and was free to use by the guests. Breakfast was available for 5 Euros per person, which we tried on the first morning. The 'buffet' breakfast consisted of a choice of 3 croissants, 2 rolls, 3 yoghurts and a cornflake dispenser....with 3 people seated for breakfast! Needless to say, we went to the nearby cafes on our further 4 mornings. The staff were always courteous ans spoke English. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel as it was so close to all the attractions and I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank HappyTraveller20
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Located 10 min to the train station was great for me. The room was too small for a family of 4 (my son is 3 years old thought). Every time that we needed to access the closet we needed to move the bed. The bathroom could be better, the shower is not isolated so some times the floor got soaked after using it. The breakfast was good as well. And the PC in the lobby (with internet connection) useful.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family