“Shabby and Unclean”
Review of Hotel Erina

Hotel Erina
Ranked #360 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Room is very spacious with high ceilings. However, beware that the rooms are quite shabby and bare. Bathroom ensuite was tiny and not very clean. Had difficulty taking showers as I was trying to avoid leaning on the slimy walls in that very tiny space. Breakfast was poor, and when I brought out some crackers and cheese snacks which I had bought from a supermarket, I was reprimanded by the owner. Would never stay here again. The only thing good about this hotel is its location and proximity to the train station; but, so are hundreds of other hotels with better value.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alteriors I

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Never were we treated with so much disrespect by an employee
let alone the hotel owner.She was rude,screamed,and told us
she has other stuff to do when we mentioend that the air condition
was not working.

We have 4 rooms in the hotel.So we deserved a better treatment.
We are all a bunch of grown adults and we found that it wasn't worth it.
Kinda shabby and some of the fit outs where falling apart.
Won't stay there again EVER.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gema L
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We just stayed for one night on the way to Rome from Paris. Booked via Venere.com and no surprises. We reached Florence at 8am via Paris->Rome night train. The hotel is just a stone throw (really that close) from the Termini station. Despite being close, it was not noisy because the hotel was in the backstreet. Being close to the train station, you can catch the hop-on buses and have access to tour companies quick.

The hotel is in the 3rd and 4th floor of this address along with few other hotels in the same building. Elevator is a joke and be warned that a big line may be waiting for both up/down directions. The building is kind of old but clean with Roman facade like any other in Florence.

The lady at the front desk is very cordial and real nice person. We booked two rooms and she pleasantly surprised us that she can make one room ready so that we can dump our bags and take shower (remember it was 9am) and second room by noon. Wow; that was nice.

Ours were 4 bedded family rooms. The room was huge with high ceiling. It is not typical European you would expect. Old, grand, huge with tall windows, old mosaic flooring and big bath - one nasty surprise was the shower stall was tiny (real tiny that you cant bend and touch your feet while taking shower. Have fun!!!

Breakfast is ok and you will be satisfied unless you're a picky traveler. We checked out early next day and went out to explore before coming back to collect the bags for our train to Rome at 4pm. Again our bags were kept safely and no surprises. In total it was nice stay and our big credit goes to the lady at the front desk who was smiling, caring, very helpful -very lovely person. Forgot her name and she made our stay so wonderful. My wife spend 5 minutes writing a big thank you note to her ;)

Florence is kind of small town and you can walk to most attractions from the hotel. Good,authentic italian restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2009

this was a surprise trip for my 19 yr old daughter,she has always wanted to see florence and the "david" of course,she was totally delighted when i told her we going.i had booked 2 rooms,thinking we would get single but got huge doubles which was great.hotel is close to all u want to see,breakfast was good.i have no real complaints,but when i checked out i was asked for payment by boss,this i thought had been paid through booking.com its only a guarentee so i had to pay full amount there and then so be warned.we where in florence to see the city and sights not to moan and winge about hotel rooms etc,we where hardly in hotel why would u want to stay in yr room when u have all this on your doorstep.do us all a favour and stay at home

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2008

This hotel costs around 65 euros a night don't set your expectations bar too high. Faded elegance/shabby choose your description - the staff were friendly & helpful, the lift was to be avoided, but quaint to look at. There were smells outside, but the hotel was clean enough. Some rooms had a small bathroom, others did not, the shower was a challenge but got you clean.
Breakfast was not a feast or for the health conscious but the cappuccino was good and a second cup not a problem.
If you want a cheap, no frills hotel near the station & not too far from the sights stay here, If you want more don't!

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank steveolucci
Reviewed 9 January 2008

I didn't read TripAdvisor reviews before booking Hotel Erina...and I'm pretty happy of my choice!

The hotel is completely refurbished and shows a nice and personal style. The real plus of this small hotel was its location, 10 minutes from Florence main monuments, and a stone's throw from CAF tours I really appreciated (don't miss the Chianti, I want to live there one day!)

Very spacious (completely different from European standards), spotlessly clean rooms. The staff seemed really polite and always at disposal (I'm not the kind of traveler with 10 thousand requests, though).

I think this is a great choice for families and travelers that seek comfort most of all. If you're looking for luxury, please see somewhere else :)...

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank matt67_cali
Reviewed 2 June 2007

I have to tell you after reading these reviews I almost called my travel agent to get our hotel changed. I'm very glad I didn't! We arrived at the hotel a few hours before check in time at the hotel (3:30pm). They were kind enough to clean our room first and have us in by 1:30. After reading the review we were vigilent about bad smells and other unsanitary problems...we didn't find any of these problems. There was a bad smell a few hotels down though. The hotel is very close to the train station and is just outside of an area where buses park..so I am not suprised that such problems could exist. However, no problems on the day we were there. The room was beautifully decorated. Large and clean. In fact, we were given a triple room for the price of a double. The shower was tiny, but this is not the first time I have seen such a small shower in Italy. The bathroom looked new and was pleasantly decorated also. Breakfast was ok, simple but good enough. Staff was helpful in regards to questions about how to find places. We were given a map with directions. Various tourist information was made available. The only problem that I should mention is that I did find ants in the room. About 1/2 an hour before we were to check out. I did have sweets in my backpack..which may have attracted them...but I was dismayed none the less. No apologies were made for this problem...just a comment about letting the manager know. If I were to stay again I'd look really close for ants before checking in for good!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TravelingEurope2007