“Basic Backpaker's Accomodation”
Review of Fiorentino

Fiorentino
Ranked #344 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights during our recent trip to Florence. Very basic backpacker's type hotel with super tiny room and even tiny ensuite. No elevator so we had to drag all our luggege 68 steps up the stairs.
Very noisy while windows are open and very hot room if windows are closed. Cost us 4 euros per night for internet and 2 euros per luggage items to leave them in Reception.
Only positive being close to the train station. I would not recommend it unless you are on a real tight budget.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can help it
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angshu101

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The draw-in of this hotel is its location. It is within walking distance from Florence's central train station (just in case you'll be arriving by train) - literally just across the street. It is right beside the Basilica of Sta. Maria Novella. But the hotel is a bit hard to find and not everyone in the area knows where exactly it is. Simply because it is a very small one and in Florence, there are many small accommodations that has a "Hotel" prefix to their names. A location map would help a lot which I wish the owner would provide to future guests. It is also within walking distance to the Duomo and other major landmarks in the city. If you fancy taking the bus tours, there's a City Sightseeing bus stop nearby. The drawbacks are the following: 1) the place is old. there is no elevator that serves the upper floors. So if you have some heavy luggage with you, good luck on that one. 2) the room we stayed in doesn't have a bathroom of it's own. There is a common bathroom that serves 3 or 4 rooms on a floor. So, you should plan your trips to the loo especially in the morning. Last but not the least 3) There is no aircon in the room rather, an electric fan was there to do the job. We stayed there in September, so it was not an issue to us. Sandro the owner is ok, helpful and knows his English language well. Wifi connection was given to us for free. We were there to walk around and appreciate the beauty of the city. So the drawbacks didn't bother us that much.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arkmikel
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed 2 nights in September during a very hot week.

- Manager made me pay at check in, which was unusual compared to the other places I stayed in Italy.
- Room had no AC and was super small.
- Internet costs 2 euros/ hour or 5 euros/day.
- And what was most outrageous was that I was told by the manager it would cost me 5 EUROS to print ONE PAGE from my train ticket.

Manager is clearly moved by the money.

Only good thing is the location, right by train/bus station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

For the past six years has been my official hotel in Florence. Its owner, Sandro and his inseparable dog Sufi and they await our arrival each year . The rooms are very comfortable and clean unsurpassed. Its excellent location, just steps to the right side of the train station Santa Maria Novella and adjacent to the cathedral of the same name and its square. All places of interest are within walking distance of it...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This was a last minute booking and, as we had left our previous non-refundable hotel a night early, we just wanted something cheap. I wasn't really expecting much due to the price and the star rating, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The furnishings were all very new and the view out to the church and plaza was great. There were no window coverings, so we rose when the sun did. It didn't really bother me, but may be relevant if you're looking to have a sleep-in. It is perfect if you are arriving in Florence by train as it is a very short walk from the main station (which was the major drawcard for us with just the one night to spare). As well as being close to the station, the other major attractions in Florence are all an easy walk away.

The only possible negative is that there are a lot of stairs to reach the rooms and there is no elevator. This wasn't a problem for us as we had backpacks, but I think it would be a struggle with suitcases.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I recently spent one night at Hotel Fiorentino and I was pleased, notwithstanding the never ending stairs (namely I was on 2nd floor, but each floor is made of at least 4 sets of stairs) and nobody to help me with my rather light small suitcase. The Manager is a very sweet person and so is his beautiful doggie. Cheap and cheerful!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2013

In a XVII century building, this hotel is renewed and very ´cool´, but the rooms are in thirty floor and no have elevator...The owner is atentious and cordialy can help you with your luggage, but the location (few minutes from Santa Maria Novella station) is privilegious and near to all Florence historic sites and atractions.

Room Tip: Find the small hotels
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo