“Great location in the heart of the city” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Costantini

Costantini
Ranked #326 of 421 Hotels in Florence
“Great location in the heart of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

Fantastic location outside the duomo. So close in fact that the bells and ambulances from the nearby hospital can be clearly heard.  Our room was very comfortablly sized with shower/bath and tv. Breakfast was typically italian but very decent nonetheless. Hotel is right in the town centre easy access to shops, restaurants and all the main sites. Staff were very pleasant and courteous.  Free Internet access was a bonus. If you're looking a good hotel with a great location and don't fancy paying prices through the roof I recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Westwingjack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

great location! we had a beautiful room with amazing ceilings. staff was a bit weird, but not a big deal.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank sancho11
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

Spent one night at this hotel and it just happened to be the night of Florence's Primo de Maggio celebration. Although this was an interesting cultural experience for our family, it also made sleep rather difficult. The location is excellant to get around to all sights and it was about a 20 min. walk to the SMN train station. Can't complain about the breakfast, same as most places we stayed in Italy. At least you could sit down to eat. The rooms were clean and basic, and we were able to get internet connection in our room. Reasonable value for your money. Good if you are only staying a few nights.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank luvitalia_10
Oxford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

Don't expect a particularly interested patron! It is family run, however, and friendly enough but to be honest they don't really notice the individual, unless you are willing to put in the effort yourself, and then they are all very pleasant the helpful. They have a superb location so at the weekend earplugs may be needed! Breakfast welcome and adequate but definitely not to remember! Absolutely no pictures on the walls, nothing pretty or attractive about the room. Functional and good quality none the less.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

I stayed here with my partner and inlaws for 2 nights in August. I have mixed feelings about this place. It is very central (less than 100 m from the Dome) and it only cost us 60 euro per night for a double room, including breakfast. This is a bargain in Florence! Our room was big enough and clean (Well, cleanish), but dated. One of our main concerns when booking was aircondition, we didn't even look at places without aircon. But here, the air conditioning was only on for a little while during the night. We commented at reception, but the man there didn't really care. So the room was very hot, and very stuffy. Opening windows only helps a little, and then you have the noice from the street and the bells in the Dome.
I was a little concerned about security. The hotel is on the third floor I think, and if I remember correctly the entrance onto the street is open during the day, and has a code during the night. You have to leave your key at reception, and when we were going out the first evening the man at reception said that if we come back very late, he might have a nap in the next room, and would leave our key on the reception desk... Not what I call security, but we were never out late, so it wasn't really a problem.
As others have commented, I think this is a family owned hotel. The man at reception was leisurely dressed to say the least- all in all, this hotel doesn't exactly scream professionalism.
The breakfast was served in a small room by reception. It was poor, and I was a bit concerned about hygiene.
There is a guest computer with internet. I think there is meant to be free wireless, but it didn't work in our room- it did work in reception though.
The redeeming features about this hotel is obviously the price and the location. If you are going to Florence for a night or two, it will do you. But I was pleased to leave.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

I booked Hotel Costantino at the last minute after I arrived in to Florence and realized that the hotel I originally booked (Florence B&B Hospitality) was a scam. Thankfully, Hotel Costantino had a single with ensuite bath available for a very reasonable price (40 euros a night... half what I paid for the scam hotel!!). The Hotel seems to be family run and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic, but clean... my single room didn't have a fancy view, but it was plenty spacious for a single, and I had my own bathroom, rare for this price in Europe. The hotel has free internet, I was also able to connect via wifi from my room, and a free basic breakfast. The best part about the hotel is the location... right across from the Duomo... doesn't get better than that!! (This was especially helpful since my visit to Florence was so short... I didn't want to waste time walking back and forth to my hotel.)

Thanks to Hotel Costantino, for saving my vacation in Florence!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2009

This hotel is about 40 steps from the Duomo - I was so impressed I counted! You are within easy walking distance of all you will want to see. The Uffizi complex is no more than 10 minutes away - but it takes longer because there's so much to see. On our first evening stroll we arrive at the Piazza della Republicca and stood with many others enjoying the opera singing busker. Stunning voice and great repertoire.The hotel is on the second floor so not so good for those with mobility problems but the lift is very eficient.
We were given a warm welcome by the patron who was always willing to ring for a taxi for my wife's work commitments. In spite of this being a pedestrianised area taxis stop at the door.
Our double room was a delightful surprise - four single beds! Space enough to swing a very large cat. Ample wardrobe space and a fridge in the desk cupboard. The tall shuttered windows look out onto the pedestrian street and - with a gentle lean - at the Campanile. With the windows open you get a rich bell accompaniment to your waking moments.
The bathroom while it was 'cosy' as my wife put it was well appointed and everything worked - good big shower, bidet, loo, washbasin, hairdryer.
All in all - a great place to land, especially for our short break

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple