“The best hotel that I've ever stayed.”
Review of Hotel Bavaria

Hotel Bavaria
Ranked #175 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 26 April 2013

As you can see with my title, i really, i mean really loved it! That was super hotel!
Our room was... wow just wow really really big! i guess it can be 40 m² easily! Can you imagine? One hotel room is as good as small apartment! Well it is not for all the rooms but i guess the other rooms are enough big! ours was too big even xD
Also we took the room without shower but there is, so it was really nice surprise( of course we didn't pay extra charge!
Room was really cute, also this hotel is in the building of typical Firenze style so it's amazingly cute too!
The staff was really friendly, he explained the place to see and all=)
We can't use WIFI in the room but we can use in small space where there is sofa. ( and it is just 10 m from the room)
Just one small fault is, there is no elevator. But what do you want? It's not as if there is elevator in all of the station. for this price, and the location, it is the perfect and the best hotel that I've ever stayed.
There are 2 shower rooms( both with toilets) for 9 rooms.( but 1 room is with both shower/ toilet. and one is with shower ) it's really enough i think.
we payed 57 euro for 2 person / 1 night

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are good. really calm, clean
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank takenokoyota

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Large rooms with oodles of character and very friendly staff in a nutshell summarizes this small hotel in central Florence. Breakfast was basic, matrasses too soft for my liking and walls paper-thin, still it was an absolute privilege to be in such an amazing place. It is a stone’s-throw away from Piazza del Duomo and Piazza della Signoria, so the location could not be more central; hence, it offers perfect platform to explore this amazing city.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Almir5
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed for 6 nights in Hotel Bavaria and I really enjoyed my stay. The Hotel is rather small, but with spacious and clean rooms. The building itself is very interesting with a historic importance. I would gladly see it restored, especially the painted walls in the rooms, which now are covered with a plain paint.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the bathrooms are clean, the included breakfast was not rich, but fairly enough and the best thing about the hotel is its location - a stone through away of the Duomo, right in the heart of Florence.

The only 2 complains that I have are - the heating wasn't warming the spacious room enough (at least for me), I can't imagine what it is like in the midst of winter and the second thing is the really scarce Free Wifi connection - it was available only in the lobby and the dining room, but even there it was pretty slow.

All in all I think Hotel Bavaria is a good value for the money and I would recommend it gladly ;)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is an amazing hotel. It is spotlessly clean, the beds are comfortable and the staff is just wonderful. This is a very simple hotel, but it is utterly charming- located on the second floor of an old palace, the old wooden beams of the ceiling and the warm terra cotta tile floors give the sense that you have arrived in the welcoming home of a dear friend.

It does not have the look or feel of a traditional hotel, but it actually made me feel as though I were a resident of Florence, rather than just traveling through. It is a peaceful haven. I slept so well, and breakfast was great The bathrooms are shared, but that was not a problem at all, since there were two.

You cannot hope for a better location. It is charming, comfortable and welcoming. If you have a lot of luggage, as we did, they very kindly give a hand getting everything up the stairs.

I cannot say enough good things about this place- the staff were just so helpful and kind. It was clean, comfortable and charming. I will be back. It was wonderful.

Room Tip: I had room 9, which is closest to the dining room. I think it may be the loudest room relative to h...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RPM02
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3-night stay at Hotel Bavaria. Its' location could not have been better, situated within walking distance from the train station and to all the major cites and attractions, the building is exactly how I imagined a 16th century palazzo. With the windows open on a crisp October morning it's possible to hear church bells ring in the distance, and in the evening, we could hear an accordion coming from the street below as the rain hit our windowsill - so Firenze!

Finding this building is half the fun, but getting lost a few times allowed us to get to know the neighborhood and meet a few waiters and shop clerks. Having booked our room on a short notice we had no choice but to try the "shared bathroom" concept for the first time. It turned out to be not as scary as it seemed as there were only a few people on our floor and the bathroom was kept tidy all the time. My favorite part of our room was the crisp white waffle towels (I wish I remembered to buy some for my home!). Will definitely return and recommend to all our friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ana B
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Set just off the main square, you couldn't hope for a better location. Despite that, it is very hard to find; and once you've found it, you have to climb 3 flights of stairs to get there (with luggage). They desperately need a big sign out the front; and, failing an elevator, a intercom system so you can ask for a hand with your bags when you first arrive.
Also, for the communal accom, they need a toilet that is separated from the showers (to avoid obvious problems). And, given the Italian summers get well up into the 30s -- air conditioning!!!

That said, the building itself is a gem. A historic beauty with high ceilings, beautiful furniture and decor, and friendly service to top it off. It's lovely that the main area has not been spoilt by a television or computer area - and instead just has a simple wooden writing desk and long dining table. You feel like you've gone back in time. It is the sort of history and style that you would only expect from a more expensive hotel....if only they'd fix up the mod cons.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We had a hard time finding the place. Apparently you gotta look for a BIG BLACK Number which is for buildings (small numbers are for shops). It took a long while for the staff to explain to me the exact location. It seemed none of the staffs speak decent enough English. I've seen numerous guests having trouble in communication.
Hotel is located up in third floor with no elevator. Our shared bathroom double bedroom was tiny but it did have everything we needed. One of the shared bathroom was way too small. I'm around 5' 11" but I had hard time using the toilet or shower. Another one in the dining room was big enough, but had lack of security with its window facing the hallway across, and the door with enough gap to hear everything happening in the bathroom from outside.
Breakfast was not cooked but it was ok.
The hotel wasn't disgusting, but the service was poor with some staffs and not so clean facility. We were disappointed. Location is great. It's less than 5 minutes away from Duomo and maybe just over 5 minutes to Vacchio bridge, but that's where the adventage ends...

Room Tip: I don't know how clean they are, but definitely go for ensuite units if you need to book this pl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple