“Wonderful!”
Review of Hotel Lombardia

Hotel Lombardia
Ranked #176 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. It is very near the Santa Maria Novella train station and is on the main road-- a few minute's walk. The newly refurbished second floor room was very nice-- only being at the back side there was not much of a view. Bathroom was good and everything new. The staff at the reception-- named Onorina-- was wonderful and helpful and so were the other men. They carried all our luggage to the room since there is no lift. Breakfast was great. One of the staffs even lent us his personal umbrella as it was pouring one evening. We will definitely recommend the hotel, if you do not mind climbing the stairs. Walking distance from the Duomo (Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore). Lots of restaurants near the station. You will find several shops around the hotel. However, for shopping leather bags/jackets go to Piazza di San Lorenzo (walking distance from the hotel). But read about cheating in leather buying in other forum and be aware! If you want to buy fruits, water etc, there are supermarkets near the hotel. For exact location of these, see the link below: http://www.amoitaly.com/firenze/supermarket.html

Room Tip: Newly furbished rooms on the second floor. Ask for the rooms on the front side for a roadside view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Atithisatkar

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in a double room which had not been refurbished. The room was large and clean, but was in need of a makeover. The shower is too small and It is impossible to use it without flooding the bathroom. I was aware that this was a budget hotel so there were no surprises. It was close to the train station and our room was quiet. The breakfast was included in the price and very good. The staff very friendly and efficient. There is a laundrette a few minutes away and a restaurant next door which were both very handy. If you want clean budget hotel then this hotel is a good choice but request a refurbished room which I understand has a larger shower.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lori_rose
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

I rented my room like many of you do sight unseen . Yes at first I was a little hesitant and wondered a bit . Oh well I just need a bed and a shower . I was about to take all of those tours that so many do when it was just recommended I go at the right times and save my money for something else . Ok so I ventured out to see the things I wanted to see . None of the lines seemed to be more than 45 minutes and that in my book is a huge savings from those skip the line tours that really do have a wait . They not only gave me good advise but served a good breakfast every morning . Typical for Italy and better than some that the hotels with 4 stars had . When it came time to leave I realized they do not have a fancy doorman in a fancy uniform but the money I save over those other places paid for all of my meals and then some . They did their very best to make me feel at home and that I call family . Yes I'd stay here again in a NY minute !

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I spent 3 nights there in one of the renewd rooms, probably the biggest one. The room is nicely furnished, very well soundproofed, super clean and the clima works very silently. In one word, a pleasure.
The breakfast was very good as well, a discrete selection of everything. Me and my girlfriend haven't missed anything.
The staff then is very friendly, they suggested us where to eat great food without spending a fortune ;).

If you can get one of the new rooms, I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Renewed rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mettop
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This place was right down the middle for me. It was clean, GREAT location (just walk around the corner from the train station), and everyone was really friendly and helpful. But, there were more than a few bugs (little gnats) that made my nights unpleasant and the sheets were so coarse. If I'd known that I'd probably would have paid an extra few bucks for nicer digs. But the price was right. If I REALLY needed to budget again, I would consider going back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

FYI: In my room the shower was outside the bathroom, from the bed you can watch TV or, ... your partner taking a shower – Romantic ;)
Staff is very friendly and helpful, (the concierge had to climb the stairs to knock on my door for my wake-up call, the phone in the room was not working)
Not cheap

Room Tip: No elevator, climb stairs with luggage
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The staff is very gentle and nice, and the hotel is conveniently located: it's in a walking distance from the station (where there's also the bus to the airport) and from the Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore. We had a room in the upper floor. The room has been clearly recently renovated, we liked it. The shower was great. On the other hand, breakfast is very basic. Free Wi-fi available (you need to ask the code at the front desk).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple