My wife and I stayed here for three nights and although we arrived late at night and were at first surprised by the exterior of the hotel (it's in a multi-use building and not very apparent there is a hotel from the outside), once you enter from the elevator or stairs, it is a gorgeous little gem. Warm and colorful and beautiful inside and quiet because it's away from the street. The rooms are also warm and colorful and lovely and everything you need will be provided to you. Our bedroom window faced a nice rooftop with potted flowers. And there was a screen in the window which my wife was happy about. Also, the breakfast is perfect for a start to your day of much Florence sightseeing.
It's important to know that this hotel is a bit of a walk from the Duomo (considered the center of all tourist activity in Florence). We found the walk to be nice in the morning or in the afternoon as a way to exercise, and also you walk down a street with amazing little boutiques, stores and cafes. However, the walk is not so wonderful late at night when the street is more quiet and dark and we would not recommend a woman alone stays here. Although Florence is supposed to be very safe, a woman alone may just want to consider something more central. That said, we always felt safe and loved walking by all the little shops- which are a welcome respite after the touristy crap surrounding the Duomo.
Amanda was the manager during the days when we were there and she is very friendly, accommodating and speaks very fluent English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antica Dimora Firenze is a very special and charming Guest House located in a quiet residential area of Florence next to the historical center at an easy walking distance of the city’s main sites. All rooms have a special florentine decor taking making you feel at home away from home! Friendly staff provide a warm welcome when you arrive, and are full of excellent advice for special tips about restaurante, tours, museum reservations and any advice can be helpful for your stay in Florence! Tea, coffee, biscuits, free WI-FI and laptops are available all day, you can help yourself to drinks from The complimentary and honesty bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), BookAssist, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Antica Dimora Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Dimora Firenze Florence
- Antica Dimora Firenze Hotel Florence