“Perfectly located cozy little place. Honest owner.”

Residenza Millenium
Ranked #247 of 303 Speciality Lodging in Florence
Ithaca, New York
“Perfectly located cozy little place. Honest owner.”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed in Resideza Millenium after finding it on hostelworld.com. It is perfectly located close to the train station and close to the main attractions. The rooms feature real frescoes from the 18th century and safe boxes. Although the owner might seem grumpy, he's a very honest person. I left all my documents/passport/money and went to Bologna. The next day I got a call from the owner letting me know and even offered to send a private courier to deliver the documents. I went back and everything was handed personally to me by him. A+ service.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Residenza M, Manager at Residenza Millenium, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
"Although the owner might seem grumpy, he's a very honest person".... i just loved this line, so true! Seems grumpy but heart of gold...
Thanks for the positive feedback!!

kind regards
Cecilia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My boyfriend and I recently enjoyed a lovely 3 week vacay in beautiful Italy and although we'd somewhat mapped out the places we wanted to visit, we did not however, book our hotels from the states in advance because we wanted the flexibiility of being able to linger in certain cities if we wanted to.

We arrived in Florence via train and because we had no internet service on our Ipad to book a hotel room, we exited the train with nowhere to go. It was at the train station that we met Mario, the owner of Residenza Millenium who said that "yes, he did have vacancies and would be glad to show us the rooms he had available with no obligation." Eager to ditch our luggage and explore beautiful Florence, this was music to our ears and was a mere 2 blocks away (walking distance) from the train station.

WOW! Each of the 3 rooms Mario showed us were lovely, with an authentic, italian feel yet with modern bathroom facilites , all private. As an Interior Designer myself, I was quite impressed with the decor, especially the original frescoes that graced the halls and ceiling in our gorgeous suite. We were in HEAVEN and for only $80 Euro per night. Honestly, Mario and Cecilia were so gracious, friendly, and helpful (english speaking also) that we extended our stay in Florence an extra 3 nights. We were planning on only 2 nights, but enjoyed not only Florence, but our stay at Residenze Millenium soooo much, we couldn't bare to leave. It's truly a hidden gem that is very affordable and centrally located. I highly recommend it to anyone who is planning to visit Florence and when we return next year, on our honeymoon, we'll most definately be staying with Mario & Cecilia. Ciao!

Room Tip: Greg and I recommend staying in room 6. It was our favorite of the three options we had because of...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
You are not only the most beautiful couple, you are also the best at leaving a wonderful review.
Thanks,thanks,thanks!
Qandahar, Kandahar, Afghanistan
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Got to Florence with no reservations and no idea where to stay. Met the owner Mario atthe train station where he walked us to his hotel and showed us the rooms. We fell in love with the Rezidenza Millinium as soon as we saw it. The rooms are beautiful with antique furniture and amazing original frescos on the ceilings. The hotel is located in walking distance from the train station and all of the major attractions including the Duomo, the Galleria Academia and the Uffizi Gallery. Mario and Cecelia the owners were very helpful and gracious hosts and recommended excellent resteraunts and things to see. I would recommend the millinium to anyone that is looking for an affordable and centrally located place to stay while visiting Florence.

Room Tip: All of the rooms we were shown we're very nice. We chose the double that faced the Duomo.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for nice feedback.
Very welcome back!
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

We booked this accommodation through hostel bookers or another online site and it wasn't until we were on the train from Rome to Florence and read the trip advisor comment which concerned but we still went ahead with the booking.

We have had an excellent experience here and the staff have been really great. I think for the price it offers a very convenient location ( train station & major sites), sizable room (we experience two as they upgraded us for the first two night), air conditioning, comfortable beds and pillows, and some nice restaurants closely located.

As some people have mentioned it is a little noisy but nothing you can't sleep through.

I felt it necessary as I think the representation of this property for the price is presently misrepresented on trip advisor if you read the older comments

Enjoy

Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed 2 nights right before Easter...its a great location and the room is clean but facing the street so there was all the noise from the street...I am an early raiser so it was ok.
The only down side I see is that they could have a little fridge in the rooms also they don't offer any place to sit around or to meet. Access to the second floor is a bit difficult specially if you have huge bags which thank God i didnt !!
The MArco person could be not very people oriented and I was charged some cash for what seemed to be a scam surcharge I heard some hostels do to recover the VAT...overall it was an Ok experience. There are other places more affordable and available depending on the time..lts just say it was not a regret but i could have done better

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Jonkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at this place for 5 nights and we absolutly loved it. The room was realy beautiful, the bed was comfy and it had a exellent bathroom.
And since we hate staying at untidy places, we just loved that this was so clean and well organised.

The owner was very helpful and friedly, he gave us a lot of good advice were to have the best food, places to visit etc etc.

We would definatly rekommend this place, and when you read the bad reviews, we dont think we been to the same place. We are definatly comming back next time we are in Florence! :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SissiH
Sweden
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The BIGGEST MISTAKE of my life. After reaching the hotel, we were met with the a very rude staff member (Marco) who treated us terribly. After sensing our displeasure he offered to cancel the stay and return the money which I had paid on arrival. We were more than happy to do that. After reaching home I realized that he had deducted a day's amount as cancellation fee even after saying he won't. I have written to the police, my bank and hostel world. This is cyber crime !!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank rahul_venky

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels