“Great Location, But Take a Notebook”

Residenza Millenium
Ranked #242 of 311 Speciality Lodging in Florence
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I had a very good experience here recently. The room was beautiful and clean, and the bathroom excellent. My room had an outside balcony which overlooked a busy street. This was nice in the daytime as it was an excellent perch to watch the street action. However, if you are a light sleeper, ask for another room as there is activity early in the morning which might wake you up. The staff were helpful and efficient. The one weird thing about the place was how to get in and out of the building. There's a code for the front door, another code for the inner door, a key to your room, and another key for the elevaror. You also need to remember where the buttons are for the light switch downstairs, and where the button is to open the inner gate from the inside. One evening I came in the outer door, which closed behind me as it was supposed to. The only problem was it was pitch black inside. Luckily I had a flashlight in my pack and was able to find the inner door and a light switch. That's why I say take a notebook to write all this stuff down to get in and out.

Room Tip: Ask about street noise and room location.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Residenza Millenium

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Ok. I might late. But 1 minute delay is not a delay.
I arrived in Florence by train and I go the hotel at 19:59 apprx and I ring the bell of the door. After 2-3 minutes I call the resception and the guy (not really gentle) tell me that he left the building because it was 20:00 and the resception is open up until 20.00. But we were there. Told us to go to the hotel at the other side of the road and they will give us a room at the same price. I told that guy that the time was 20.02 during our conversation and he ensist to say that at 20.00 I close and now I'm on the way and I cannot come back. Ok. Come on. That was crazy. It was not so gentle and I didn't expent such a reaction. Anyway. The good was that he give us a solution with the other hotel and we didn't sept our night at the road or looking for a place to sleep. From my experience usually the organized hotel and places call the visitors and ask where are they or if they will come. They don't go away like that and tell the visitors to go to another hotel. If I have to choose another I will choose by myself.
For the people who don't believe I upload a photo that shows the time that I call that guy. It was 20:01. And he was out.
That’s all. Thank you and I don't have any other comment for that,

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Konstantinos A
Reviewed 11 June 2013

It is located right next to the SMN station so it was easy to get to the hotel. The lift is very small we could only fit 2 luggages and my husband in there.
The owner was helpful with check in and other information. However, the room was different from the picture I saw at the time of booking (bookings.com) and is extremely noisy that we could not sleep. There is tram station and a intersection right next to the building and it seems like Italians love using their horns...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mulbit6240
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This residence is centrally located - easy to walk into the city centre and all the attractions. It is not a hotel and so be prepared for the check in dance around contacts, times, etc.

I was staying for 4 nights and put in room 5 which is street facing. This residence is actually opposite the exit point for all the buses from the central bus station. Sleep was limited because of the buses starting up and leaving the station. but quite between 1-5am! I did ask for a room change which they could accommodate on the last night.

room 5 seemed to have old building/sewage pipe issues and was very smelly in the bathroom.

the beds were old and lumpy.

my stay was ok... the buildings access codes make it feel very safe and there are a couple of good restaurants downstairs. I would recommend staying here - just as long as you get a room out the back of the building - or are a heavy sleeper!

Room Tip: near the back of the building
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sarahmelbs
Residenza M, Direttore at Residenza Millenium, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear Madam,

we thank you for staying here at Residenza Millennium.

Unfortunately we do have some issues with the noise in few rooms as this is the fee to pay for being very central and close to the Santa Maria Novella train station, however this winter all windows facing the street will be replaced with sound proof ones.
It is not an easy process as we had to request permissions to the art department of the local government, but finally we succeeded.

All mattress are brand new here, we changed them on January 2013, maybe for a woman 6.1inc. (185 cm) and 300lb (140kg) they might feel a little too hard.

Also in the bathroom of room 5 the cleaning lady found your salame and a piece of pecorino cheese next to the bidè, maybe all that food smelled not good...??

Check in hours ( 10:00am -20:00pm ) are clearly stated on every web site that list us , so no dancing, but careful reading is the right word!

We hope you will come visit again,

Residenza Millennium

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at the Residenza Millennium many, many years ago. My cousin and I were backpacking through Europe and when we stepped off our train at SMN we were approached by a representative of the Millennium. We were a little apprehensive but were convinced to just check out the room. We decided to take a look seeing as though the hotel was within a short walking distance. What a nice surprise!!! Beautifully done building with marble and painted frescoes on the ceilings. We decided this was our hotel for the next 3 nights!

Very clean, safe and close to everything. This was by far the best place we stayed during our 4 week trip across Europe. I'm not one to spend my time in a hotel while on vacation however my cousin loved the huge marble tub in our room that she decided to stay and have a soak while I went out and explored!

Excellent value. Would recommend to anyone visiting Florence!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Was looking for a convenient place to stay around the SMN and since i was going to be out most of the day this place was perfect. Nice hot showers, free wifi.

This place is not a hotel its actually a private residence with the 'hotel' taking up the second floor. So once u master the door combinations its fine. And yes the owner does come across abit grouchy but as long as he's not trying to swindle you then think of it as some local culture.

I would come back n stay again.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Had a great experience, the owners were awesome, really nice couple with a good sence of humour, always happy to help and very knowledgable about the city, both past and present. Room was really nice, awesome shower and reliable wifi which was a nice change. Great value for money would come back in a flash.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Residenza M, Manager at Residenza Millenium, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Thanks for your positive feedback.
It was a pleasure having you here!!
Kind regards