“Great feeling of home!”

Ranked #420 of 643 Florence B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great feeling of home!”
Reviewed 26 September 2009

This was my first visit to Florence and I am thankful to have chosen Abatjour.

The building itself is located just a short walk or bus ride from the central train station but away from the crowds of the central city. There are local restos and caffe bars minutes from here. Though the train runs behind the building, the windows are doubled up so you barely hear them. For those who enjoy the fresh air overnight instead of turning on the air, just bring earplugs.

The rooms are all individually laid out with their own personality but all have a desk on which you will find your breakfast tray filled with water, a choice of teas and coffee, and packaged italian pastry and biscuits to begin your day. The private bath has a small shower and all your basic necessities.

You'll find some bicycles inside the entrance which you can rent from them. The 'front desk' is located in the salon area up a flight of stairs, with a backdrop of books, a large comfortable couch, and the most helpful of staff.

Paolo, the Owner, is the perfect 'guide' - he asked my interests and pointed me in the directions he thought I would enjoy most, and he was spot-on. He is very knowledgeable about the city and surrounding area(s), and treats his guests with individual care.

This eco-friendly B & B is the perfect location for those looking for a comfortable, homey place to lay their head.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
AbatjourEco-Friendly, proprietario at Abatjour B&B, responded to this review, 23 October 2009
Thank you very much for your kindness !
I'm very glad that you appreciated your holiday in Florence staying at Abatjour Eco-Friendly.
Hoping to meet you again in a next future, I'm sending to you a big HELLO from FLORENCE !

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Me and my girlfriends decided to meet in Florence for our annual reunion. None of us had ever been. We found this really unique bed & breakfast and totally loved it!

The staff were soooo helpful and sweet and all spoke very good English. We were able to eat at really cool restaurants and bars that were recommended by Paolo, the owner who also gave us a discount at the places he recommended!

The rooms were very clean and we all loved how each room was uniquely decorated. The building itself looks very stately and expensive from the outside, especially with the beautiful terraces in front. But this place was actually a total bargain and very homey and comfortable inside.

They also had these really cute bicycles that we were able to rent for really cheap too.

It wasn't at all like any of the bed & breakfasts any of us had ever been to. We all want to return and have recommended it to all our family and friends.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
AbatjourEco-Friendly, owner at Abatjour B&B, responded to this review, 23 February 2010
Thank you very much for your review !
I remember very well your kindness and I really hope to meet you again in the future here at Abatjour.
Hoping we offered to you all you needed to enjoy your visit in Florence, me and all the staff send to you our best regards.
Paolo
kyoto
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We want to make our compliments to the staff of abatjour.
Paolo and all the staff were very kind with us and they helped to enjoy the time in Florence.
Abatjour is a special place in a special city !!
It was very nice to stay there.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
chicago
Reviewed 18 May 2009

First of all thanks to Paolo and the beautiful receptionist for their kindness and their suggestions.
The B&B was very clean and very nice and my room was very comfortable and decorated in warm colours.
Very good place and cheap price !
I'll suggest it to my friends and to everybody .

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I was in "Abatjour" anather time and I find a chenge: now it is an eco friendly B&B, and it is also better!!
Thank you Paolo and all the staff for your help and kindness!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Wien
Reviewed 1 April 2009

I have to write my good impression about this B&B.
Me and my family enjoyed our visit in Florence also for the hospitality of Abatjour Eco-Friendly B&B. We appreciated the beautiful room and the high quality of everything at the best price !!
For sure the best bed&breakfast during our holiday around Italy. We loved also that it's an environment-friendly hotel. We will be back at Abatjour next year (I hope).
Adrienn

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
AbatjourEco-Friendly, owner at Abatjour B&B, responded to this review, 4 April 2009
Dear guests, thank you very much for your very kind comment.
It's the best price for us to receive good review from our Guests !
Looking forward to welcome you again in our wonderful city, we send you our warmest regards...
Paolo
milano
Reviewed 20 March 2009

It was my second time in Abatjour and I want to suggest it to everybody travel to Florence.
I like this b&b for the rooms and the kindness of the staff.
Everything was perfect during my short holidays and I will come to Abatjour for sure in the future.
Thank you Paolo for your help and your suggestions about my visit of the wonderful Florence.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank hik_tiki
AbatjourEco-Friendly, Owner at Abatjour B&B, responded to this review, 4 April 2009
Dear Guest,
First of all thank you for your kindness.
We really appreciated your kind words and we hope you really enjoyed here in Abatjour and in Florence !!
Hoping to meet you again as soon as possible, we are sending you our warmest regards. Paolo