Hilton Florence Metropole
US$433
US$418
Travelocity
2,160 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeshuttle busshuttle servicediamond memberironing roomnice hotelcity viewminute driveclose to the airportcorner roomthe hotel offerstop floorrooms are moderntown centrerental carsanta maria novella train stationhappy hour
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We had no idea where to stay so chose the Hilton. While outside the city it was quite easy to take a taxi or hotel bus into the city for the day. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and accommodations were very nice. It was definitely a place you could stay with confidence as long as you didn't mind the location. It was in a very safe neighborhood as well. The only suggestion I would make to them is to provide more frequent bus transports into and back from town.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniele F, Direttore at Hilton Florence Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your comment concerning your stay at our Hilton Florence Metropole.
We always try to improve our service and performances in order to guarantee a comfortable stay for our guests.
That's why I really appreciated your suggestion, that is important to us!
Hoping to welcome you again in Florence, we send our

Reviewed 3 June 2013

The hotel is very clean and modern ,we had a comfortable room for 3 adults. We took a cab from the train station to the hotel and once checked in found out that the hotel has a complementary shuttle running from 8 am to around 10 PM which will pick up and drop off next to the train station and center of town.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Fariba M
Daniele F, Direttore at Hilton Florence Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comment on the Tripadvisor website.
It’s a pleasure to read your review and your great suggestions.
Thanks a lot

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This is a great hotel, situated within 15 mnts drive from the Central Station in Florence or a short tram ride with a bus connection. Its a high rise building perhaps the only Hotel in Florence to boast that about what with sweeping views of the famous Duomo and Tuscan valley. Lobby is nice and grand, front desk was nice. Got an upgrade being a privilege member with Hilton and thus the room on the top floor overlooked the city. Pool and gym area are nice and hotel has a huge whirlpool too. Top floor is otherwise occupied by Executive Club available only to members staying on the Executive floors or Hilton Gold / Diamond members. The club is great and provides 360 deg views of the city. Breakfast at the club was decent too, your typical continental fare.
Now all things sound too good to be true right? Yes they are but hotel does seem to score negative on one aspect. Its shuttle to and from the Central station. First of all, the driver is super rude, drives recklessly and if you are from US, you will have your heart in your mouth all the time. He missed the pedestrians thrice atleast and I used the shuttle only twice. The same views were shared by fellow travelers from stateside whom I spoke to. Secondly, hotel is not at all flexible with the shuttle timings which is good so as to maintain a decorum. So when my train was arriving in 3 minutes of shuttle leaving the station, and when the hotel told me so, I didnt argue much but at checkout, when I stood in the queue at front-desk for 25 mnts, and when my wife had already boarded the 9 AM shuttle, the driver was super rude not to wait for me (remember it wasnt my fault that I got late, it was hotel's wherein they didnt had a dedicated checkout lane). Secondly, since our bags were already on the bus, the driver refused to let my wife take our bags but when other passengers budged, he gave in and we got our bags. It was super disgusting on the drivers part to do so and that when he drives recklessly anyways. Hotel needs to work upon the checkout procedure and give the driver a heavy beating (read lesson) to drive safely and to accomodate passengers who are late because of the checkout queues. I could have missed my train that day and that would have marred the rest of my entire European trip and thus I simply didnt liked this behavior. Hope the hotel will mend ways and then there will not be any negative this hotel have, hopefully.

Room Tip: Opt for a room with the city view. Hotel is not that close to the city but still to see the famous Florence Dome from your room is simply worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniele F, Direttore at Hilton Florence Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Guest,

We really apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay, and we really thank you for you review because your comment is helpful to understand what customers want and what is important to improve.

Hoping to welcome you again in Florence,

Reviewed 31 May 2013

3 nights of pleasure while in Florence. The staff at reception were attentive and on the ball, happy to give recommendations of where to go in town. The rooms are a little small but have fab interior design and great bathrooms that enticed me for a long soak! Enjoyed the Exec Lounge on the top floor and while it was a tad cold in March, I bet the open terrace is gorgeous in summer. Would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CharlesH604

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comment on the Tripadvisor website.
I am pleased to read that you had a good stay; guest's positive feedback is the aim of our job!
I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hilton Florence very soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

The Metropole is situated 15-20 minutes (traffic depending) from the centre of the city. A cab from the central railway station is approx €15, although there is shuttle (29 seats) that runs from near the railway station to the hotel regularly. However they end much to early in the evening (22:30!) and the schedule runs at different times on different days just to confuse you!

Front desk was a joy to check in and depart, we were lucky to be upgraded to an executive room and thus had the use of the executive lounge. The lounge is on the top floor and has good views to the city in the distance. There is indoor and outdoor seating in the lounge. Cocktails and canapes are available during the early evening. Soft drinks and hot drinks are available all day.

The room was an odd layout with the bed in the middle of the room and backing on to the desk area, then there was a sliding "door" that segregated the bed area from the entrance/wardrobe/bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. The bathroom was a nice size with large shower (no bath) and bidet.

There is a small fitness area in the basement and a place where you can shower if checking out early but have a later flight. There is also a small plunge style pool and relaxation area. This was closed during our stay.

All the staff were lovely - as you would expect from a quality hotel.

Other than the poor shuttle times, my only other issue was that on the last day having checked out been to the city, back again, showered we were awaiting the shuffle back to the railway station so decide to have a cocktail in the bar. I ordered two cocktails and Pina Colada and a rum based cocktail (I forget the name). The barman seemed quite surprised that we were ordering them, after a bit of huffing he said he couldnt do the pina colada due to lack of ingredients. I thought that's odd for the bar! But told him to make the rum one while the menu would be checked for an alternative, whilst looking at the menu I was then advised that the rum cocktail couldnt be made either due to lack of ingredients! So I gave up.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

first of all we would like to thank you for your words, starting from the title of the review!

We really hope to see you again soon!