“Good apartment in great location”
Review of Vip Florence

Vip Florence
Vip Florence
Ranked #570 of 643 Florence B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Good apartment in great location”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed in the 1-bedroom Giotto apartment which was on the top/3rd floor in a building with no lift. It was quite a hike up and down everyday but we got used to it. I liked to think of it as a good warm-up for all the walking we did around Florence. We actually booked the apartment through Friendly Rentals and the apartment was called Lorenzo III on their website. It's not a luxurious apartment but it's comfortable, clean and safe (2 locked gates to get through before you can enter apartments).

The apartment is a good size with a spacious living room and bedroom, both have big bright windows. Only the living room has air-conditioning. The kitchen was very small so luckily we didn't did any cooking, just some simple food prep. Wifi was quite weak and you only get Italian TV channels. Be aware that this is a self-catering apartment so there is no housekeeper or clean towels/sheets everyday. The manager Nalin is excellent and SO helpful and accommodating! He is only a phone call away for whatever you need. Fantastic for when you accidentally lock yourself out of the apartment and need a spare key! I'm not sure if he lives in or near the building but he is very prompt and appears in a jiffy!

We loved the location of the apartment. We walked all over Florence from here, and with a 2.5 year old in tow! It's a less than 10min walk from the train station, Duomo, Uffizi, Academia, Gallery, and a bit further to the Arno River. We even walked to Santa Croce. We took a bus from the train station to get up to the San Miniato al Monte abbey and Piazza Michelangelo which are definitely worth visiting. The San Lorenzo leather markets are just outside the building but be warned that the stalls set up from 5-6am every day so if you're sensitive to noise, you may want to consider an apartment in another location as the rolling wheels of the stalls can be quite loud. You are spoilt for choice with food as there are hundreds of restaurants all around, and you must visit the Mercato Centrale around the corner for the tastes and smells!

Room Tip: Top floor apartment requires lots of steps to get to, but it's quieter and you get a good view o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank missduhr
Riccardo62010, Proprietario at Vip Florence, responded to this review, 7 May 2016
Tke for your kind words.
Just to let you know, the leather market moved some 100 yards away, so the noise problem is over !!!
Hoping to see you again in my apartments, ciao
Riccardo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I selected this apartment based on positive reviews it had received from previous clients. I needed an apartment to accommodate four women (me, my mother and two daughters 24 and 20 years old). And, according to Mom, the sofabed was ok to sleep on. I booked the flat for 13 days with Signore Lenzi via email. I provided him with my estimated time of arrival. He instructed that his assistant would be at the apartment to assist me with the check-in. I was scheduled to arrive four days prior to my mother and daughters.
Upon my arrival to the apartment, I met with Nalin who was very kind and helpful. I stayed in the Duccio apartment. It was nicely decorated and spacious. There was a small kitchen complete with a small refrigerator, cooktop, sink and miscellaneous kitchen amenities perfect for cooking and eating at "home." There was a sofabed that accommodated my mother and 20 year old. There was a dining table for four, two wings chairs and small television. There was also a fireplace for ambiance. This living area was spacious enough for the four of us to mingle about without being too cramped. The bedroom had two twin beds (pushed together to create a king-size bed) and very spacious. The bedroom and living area had a view of the Medici Chapel and over looked the bustling San Lorenzo market below. When I opened the bedroom window in the morning, I usually got a "buongiorno" from Ana who worked at the leather stall below.
If you are a late riser or light sleeper, I would not recommend this area because of the market below. It can get noisy in the morning when the vendors are setting up their stalls. But, If you enjoy people watching, do not mind the foot traffic, enjoy the vibe the market and people emote then this is the place for you.
I loved this area because you are centrally located to everything. It was a five minute walk to the Mercato Centrale where you can find just about anything you need for your Italian meal. You can also walk to the tourist destinations from the flat. If you prefer, there are several bars, small markets, restaurants, bread and pastry shops in the area. I would recommend the Italian version of our 99 cent store across the street from the apartment on the corner of Via Di Conti. You can find sodas, munchies and most necessities you may have forgotten to pack under a euro or reasonably priced.
Our stay at Duccio was comfortable, memorable and perfect. I would recommend any one of the VIP apartments.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Yvonne R
Tks for your kind words. Just to let you know, now the San Lorenzo Market is not any longer under my windows, it has been moved some 100 meters away (this is good for the noise).
Hope to see you again soon !!! Ciao
Copenhagen
Reviewed 9 October 2009

the appartment is very well located in the heart of florence. The rooms and the building were recently renovated. the 24/7 manager (sebastian) guarantees security and is very willing to satisfy every request and give precious advices and information. The A/C is a little weak, but the apartment was well ventilated. the decor and style of the apartment was very nice guaranteing a very cozy staying in florence.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple