“Perfect b&b”

Ranked #3 of 640 Florence B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Perfect b&b”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed two nights at Elanas B&B and it was great. Aside from the nice time at the B&B itself Elana gave us great recommendations for places to see and eat around the city. Each time we followed her recommendation we had great time. The only two times we didn't follow her advice we were disappointed. She recommended us the best icecream place we ate ever ten levels above the icecream places in the city center. The breakfast was delicious and the house itself is beautiful.

And a bonus parking near Elenas place is free.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Thornton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I spent two wonderful nights at Fiorenza B&B on my first trip to Italy. What a way to begin my two-week journey! Traveling alone, I was hoping for a quiet, comfortable and restful place that was also close to seeing the sights on foot. What a great choice I made! Elena's Mom greeted me, the weary and warm traveler, with a glass of cold, freshly-squeezed orange juice. My room overlooked the beautiful and restful garden. I actually slept in the hammock for two hours after my 10+ hour flight. Elena gave me a map with great walking directions and restaurant recommendations. I actually opted for a bottle of wine and a take-out meal that I ate in the garden. Breakfasts were amazing both days and I found myself wishing I had more time to spend in this friendly, beautiful place. I walked to Boboli Gardens and across the river to see the Duomo, bell tower and all the other amazing sights and felt blessed at the end of a long day to have this cul-de-sac gem to return to for peace and quiet. Elena and her family truly open their home to their guests. When leaving, I vowed that I would return and spend more time in the future. When I got to my next stop near Siena, a yoga retreat, I compared notes with others in the group about their time in Florence. They all agreed that Fiorenza seemed by far the best place to stay. It is truly a beautiful and safe haven...close enough to all of the sights, but secluded enough to escape the heat and crowds of the city. It offers just the right combination of beauty, charm, peace, comfort, wonderful nourishment and warm hospitality. Whether you are journeying alone or with others, this place is not to be missed. Thank you, Elena! Sincerely, Helene from New Hampshire

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Waimea, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay here. The Fiorenza B&B offers all that one needs at a great price. Rooms are very comfortable, breakfasts are wonderful and freshly prepared, and the location is very convenient to getting to and from the heart of the city via bus or on foot. Of note, Elena, the innkeeper, was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction in all respects, and we really appreciated her insights into Florence's many amazing destinations. We look forward to returning here on our next trip!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My mother and I had an incredible time at this B&B - one of the best experiences during our time traveling around Europe!

Our room was one of the biggest we've had traveling, even the bathroom was the biggest! Shower was great - there was always hot water.

Elena was very attentive to us our whole stay, from when we arrived (showing us around the B&B to telling us how to get around the city, places to eat etc). There is a bus just down the road, so it's very easy to get to the city centre.

She served us breakfast everyday, and what a treat that was. Was great to experience an Italian breaky - the quiche is to die for!!!

Our rooms were cleaned each day, with the cleaners doing an amazing job, and also so friendly!

She gave us a beautiful gift when we left, she was truly great! Hopefully one day we'll be back!

Thanks again to you and your family for having us!

Stayed July 2014
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 29 June 2014

we were two families , total of 5 people. one with a 6 + yr old kid. the garden is a great place for kid to run and play. breakfast is great, Elena and her mom Giovanna are great hosts, very attentive and helpful and pleasant to talk to. Giovanna gave me some wild mints and a small plant when we left because i was interested in the plants, thanks again.

we had a great time spending 3 nights there while visiting the great old city of Florence.

we will be happy to stay here again.

Group of 5 from CA and Italy

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tj s
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I spent our last weekend in Italy in Florence and were looking for a place to stay outside the city but close enough to travel in since we did not have a car. Fiorenza B&B is located in a beautiful residential neighborhood, nestled amongst beautiful gardens. The city center was a short bus ride which you could pick up right down the street.

The hostess Elena was the most helpful person we met on our entire trip in Italy. She responded to my numerous e-mails with such detail before we even arrived. Upon arrival she gave us a map that was marked with where good restaurants were, where the different bus lines stop, and where most of the Florence attractions were. She went out of our way to make our stay wonderful. We took a very early tour one morning, and Elena made sure we had our breakfast before we left.

Our room was beautifully decorated and clean. Elena cooked a remarkable breakfast each day. There was juice, coffee (the best latte coffee of our trip), fresh fruit, fresh baked pastries, tarts, and cakes, and quiche or eggs (this was the only place on our entire two week trip that we were served eggs for breakfast). We really enjoyed our conversations with her every morning.

Elena gave us a small terracotta lizard when we left to remind us of her garden. It is now sitting in our garden at home. The attention to details make this a WONDERFUL place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan E
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I just spent a wonderful weekend in Florence.  When deciding on where to stay, we reviewed a number of B&B websites. We chose Fiorenza mainly because of its setting with a beautiful restful garden. It was also affordable and in a good location: not in the middle of things yet not too far from the center. We found there was easy bus access to il centro historico (3 lines with stops close by) or a scenic walk.

Our hostess, Elena, was very accommodating. We had an arrival earlier than check-in and asked her if she could hold our luggage for us as we toured, but our room was all ready when we arrived.

The room we were given had an en-suite bathoom, was clean, large with a garden view. Unfortunately, the window screen was ripped which allowed mosquitoes to enter, but we just closed the window and put on the air conditioning. The bed was firm. All the rooms (total of three) were up stairs.

This B&B is good for independent souls; we were oriented to the house and area, then given the hostesses’ cell phone number, keys and a map so we could come and go as we pleased.

Breakfast was simple and delicious: fresh coffee and milk, juice, bakery croissants, fresh fruit, yogurt and cereal. We had scrambled eggs one day, and ham & cheese the next. Guests have use of the kitchen and fridge. Soft cheese, yogurt, crostini and teas are always available (though few herbal selections). We took advantage of the fridge and bought a roasted chicken and sides from a local rosticceria for one dinner.

We saw our hostess at breakfast where we discussed the day's plans and itinerary. I had already researched dining options so we didn’t need guidance in that area. When I mentioned I was going to look for embroidered baby clothes for a special gift, she recommended an outlet on the way to the city center where we were able to find a great bargain.

Elena gave us a small gift upon leaving, to remember our Florence experience. When we travel to Florence again, we will definitely stay at Fiorenza.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple