I stayed here two nights with my fiance and his parents in the 4-person suite. It was very clean upon arrival and we had complimentary snacks, fruit, and a bottle of wine. The only thing that I was bothered by was that when we arrived, the (huge) door downstairs was closed and the bell seemed to not work. We rang it a couple of times and got no answer, then my fiance started to push the door (even though it was very very heavy) but it was moving.. slowly but surely. We headed on to the first floor where the reception desk was, to find another closed door. We once again rang the bell but no answer, we even knocked so I ended up calling and the door was opened for us shortly after. When she asked if the door was open downstairs we said, "no" then she asked how we got in, we told her, "we pushed the door.." and she pretty much scolded us like little kids to NEVER DO THAT EVER EVER EVER AGAIN because it could break the door. My fiance's mother took offense to her attitude because we had no idea, but we were spoken to like a child about to be sent to the corner! (I thought it was funny actually lol). I do wish I knew that little tidbit from reading previous reviews though!
We were then taught how to properly open the doors and were showed to our suite and she taught us how to turn on the lights. Nevertheless, our stay was very lovely. The room was a good temperature, and the breakfast at the OK Bar across the street was also good. Only thing that I would honestly have changed was the one bathroom for 4 people. The bathroom was also upstairs where the bedroom was, so using the bathroom at night was not a quiet ordeal. But it was a one bedroom apt for 4-people (pull out bed downstairs) so it was understandable. The location was also great. It was right next to the Duomo and a 5minute walk to the San Lorenzo market where we bought leather jackets (at an insanely low price) and cute souvenirs for home. So bottom line, do I recommend First of Florence? Yes, I would stay here again but probably do two 2-person suites instead of one 4-person suite because of the bathroom. =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First Of Florence offers a series of elegant and refined apartments providing comfortable, independent accommodation, to enjoy the city at your own pace. The First Of Florence suites are conveniently close to the Duomo Cathedral, which you can reach through a short pleasant walk amongst the beauties of the historic centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your First of Florence Residence Apart'Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- First Of Florence Residence Hotel Florence
- 1st Of Florence Residence