We are a family of 4 - 2 adults & 2 kids and we stayed at First of Florence for 3 nights. Here is our feedback :
Location - Perfect / central location & quite safe : 5-minutes walk to the Duomo. Academia is in the parallel street to just give you a perspective. We walked around late at night and did not find anything fishy around the area.
Breakfast - Great food at OK bar. The service at this bar is great - since we were leaving at 6 AM on the checkout day, I gave them the coupon for food the previous night and they packed coldsandwiches, juice, water, some fruit salad etc to store in the fridge & use it the next morning. I have not seen this anywhere else esp. in a place where the breakfast is in a different place.
Check in - Excellent service from Laura and team - better to arrive before 7 PM for check in to avoid any surprises. Very warm welcome with complete guidance details about the facilities. They even helped me with some train ticket printing but better to inform Laura and get her email OK so the receptionist can print it quickly.
Facilities - we needed aircon (we live in Dubai & used to a/c), washing facility and a comfy bed which was all available with the perfect sized fully ready kitchenette including detergent cubes etc and the daily cleaning was an added bonus !! Lots of welcome food - large fruit basket, tea/coffee/creamer, juice, water, bread, jam, pasta & sauce ... we could not ask for anything more !!
Wifi - quite good and easy to connect to.
Safety - we were OK but the next room had a Chinese family who mentioned that someone broke into their room etc and we checked with them in the night again and they said everything was OK. Thus said, I repeat, we left all our valusables in the room during our 2 full day trips and everything was OK. I would recommend to keep the passports and cash in a concealed travel pouch which I wear under my shirt or shorts to avoid risk anywhere in any country - this is what I did this time too. And as per many a tripadvisor comments, do not bring expensive stuff like expensive jewellery, watches, high end goggles etc - keeping it simple helps in enjoying the holiday and not worry about if you kept the ring on the bathroom sink etc.
Check out - We were to check out in teh afternoon but as we were doing the Pisa day trip, we took our baggage in the morning with us and left them in the Florence train station(5 euros for 1st 5 hrs and then 70 cents per extra hour or so). Laura & team said we can leave them in the reception but I did not want to risk it since the reception is manned only during certain hours.
All in all - a great stay and we would highly recommend this place for families and alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First Of Florence offers a series of elegant and refined apartments providing comfortable, independent accommodation, to enjoy the city at your own pace. The First Of Florence suites are conveniently close to the Duomo Cathedral, which you can reach through a short pleasant walk amongst the beauties of the historic centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your First of Florence Residence Apart'Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- First Of Florence Residence Hotel Florence
- 1st Of Florence Residence