“Excellent location”

B&B Olga's House
Ranked #123 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights and it was fantastic. Roberto is a wonderful host. He makes you feel very comfortable and will go the extra length to ensure your stay is enjoyable. Yes, there are stairs but you can carry your bags up them fine. They add character to the place and provide needed exercise after all that pasta and tiramisu! The room was lovely and clean. We also had a view onto the street as well. The location of this hotel is a real winner. It's about a five minute walk to the Duomo, even less time to walk to the Ponte Vecchio, and you are right on Piazza della Signoria where you can choose from many restaurants. The train station is a 15 minute walk as well. No need to stay anywhere else when in Firenze!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
olgashouse, Owner at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you very much for your words of appreciation I'm happy you enjoyed our services and to read that you had a pleasent stay here in Florence!
My best regards !!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Draper, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

We were actually here in September of 2006, but the travel date below wouldn't let me go back that far. We really liked staying here. It is literally steps from the main square in Florence. It is within walking distance to see The David, The Uffizi and the famous Ponte Vecchio enchanting bridge. It is close by cafe's, shopping, gelato and at night the local musicians play and you can open the window and watch and listen to them. You have to climb a lot of stairs to get to the room, no elevator, but that didn't bother us. Florence is beautiful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
olgashouse, Owner at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
THANKS for you feedback ..happy that you have a nice stay here with us !!!
Have a nice day and really hope to see you soon here again !!!
Best regards - Roberto
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

B&B Olga's House was one of the highlights on our trip. The location and price makes this one of the best places to stay in Florence, hands down. This hotel is 5 minutes to the straw market and Uffizzi Gallery, 10 minutes from Ponte Vecchio and the Duomo and 15 minutes from the Accademia. The owner, Roberto, helped us out from day one. Our train was delayed, but after spending an hour waiting on us he returned to the B&B within 15 minutes to help us inside. Roberto booked us a taxi the morning we left and had great food recommendations. I would recommend Olga's House to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
olgashouse, Manager at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
We are very happy that you appreciated your staying with us and we hope to host you again here in the future !!
See you soon !! Ciao
Rome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

The ultimate place. Yup....79 steps...I counted them, but easy to climb: wide and with a banister. A lovely way to get a feel of the past; how people lived. You are enveloped among the sturdiest, thick, burnt umber coloured walls you've ever seen as you go up. It was always a treat to get back at night, out of the cold, into this cozy, almost medieval atmospheric structure.

I have been there twice now and have seen two rooms. Both, for me, were fantastic. Super clean, light coloured rooms, having everything you need without being pretentious. Modern furniture and pictures, a tv, free wifi and lovely bed blankets. Loved the private bathroom too: all white with an original white heater made up of bars, suitable as a towel holder too, thus always having warm towels.

A great price in the best location: only about 25 metres from Piazza della Signoria - the very heart of town. Breakfast is in either of the two finest bars just round either corner. If sometimes you don't eat out, there's a little grocery store right across the street from the B&B, which has all the basics you need as well as beer and fine wine.

Last but not least is the owner, Roberto. Che simpatico. A fine, sociable host who is very helpful and straighforward. Dear Roberto and Florence, you will see me again not before long!

Room Tip: Both rooms I had on the right side were very sunny.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
olgashouse, Owner at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Diana,
I'm very happy with your wonderful review, I can only be satisfied when I can made a special stay for our customers. I always try to offer the best as I can and as you know .
I hope to meet you soon here agan !! Thanks a lot !! Ciao
Sopron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I can suggest to everyone this wonderful B&B Olga's House to stay here for a very nice holiday! It is located in the centre of Florence, close to every famous monuments like: the Uffizi art gallery, Dome of Florence, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Vecchio etc ... Very comfortable, nice, cline and calm!! The proprietor was very kind with us, he manages all the B&B, and helped us in everything.. a great person! Thx Roby! We hope to see u soon !!! :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
olgashouse, Direttore at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thanks a lot for your comment ...glad that you have a really nice stay !!! Ciao
märsta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

I traveled alone to Florence for the tattoo convention this weekend, was here tuesday-saturday and I searched for weeks for a cheap, central and clean place to stay at with good reviews. I found this B&B and I really have to say that it was over my expectations altough the already good reviews! Great, helping staff (Roberto) supernice person, I lived in a Single room and I didn't find any pictures of this room, but when I checked in and got my room I went very happy. Own bathroom, not shared as at the most of the hostels and b&b's in Florence. Clean, pretty big and nice room, big bed for a single room, and nearby to Piazza della Signoria, a really beautiful area and easy to find back to. I would definitely love to stay here again! I know people complained about the stairs and steps in the reviews cause it's on the third floor, but come on! It's the perfect place to stay at, for a very good price! And I had free wi-fi in my room which was great! The photos I add was taken with my phone so not so great quality but still!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
olgashouse, Manager at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Hi and Thanks a lot for your feedback !!! Was a great pleasure offer you the best as we can
Hope to meet you here again !!! Thanks again .
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

My girl and I recently did a 10 day trip around Tuscany. Florence was of course a 'must do' and we needed somewhere affordable (hotels in Florence don’t come cheap!) but clean, secure and above all relaxing, to spend the night.

I am very glad we chose Olga’s House. It satisfied all of the above requirements and we were delighted to find it sits but a few metres away from Piazza della Signoria and barely a 5 minute walk to the river, via the wholly remarkable Uffizi.

The owner was friendly and reassuring – giving us some excellent recommendations for our time in the city.

I notice some people have complained at the number of steps required to reach the hotel – MAN UP! These would only present a problem to somebody with a medical condition (e.g. injury, disability or serious heart complaint) and people with such unfortunate conditions would/should check thoroughly before booking anywhere to be sure it is suitable for their needs. Frankly, anyone else complaining just needs to get down the gym a little or walk further and more often.
Personally, I found the steps rather added to the ambience, being age-worn stone and wonderfully cool underfoot (a major plus when one has been wandering for miles in 30+C)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple