All reviews croissants perfect location first floor restaurants and shops b bs breakfast room bed was comfortable small hotel beautiful florence within walking distance walked everywhere every morning a wonderful stay visit florence our honeymoon duomo noise
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We let the staff know in advance we would be arriving outside of their normal check-in hours, and they responded that it would not be a problem. However when we arrived no one was there to let us in or help us bring the bags up the stairs.
The room itself was incredibly fly and mosquito infested (it was May). I camp frequently and am thus used to a lot of bugs, but this was bad enough that we had to go out and find a pharmacy at midnight where we could buy some kind of bug repellent.
I met the woman who owns/runs the place the day after we checked in and she seemed more accommodating and hospitable than the person who ultimately let us in, so it's possible he was just covering the night before because it was outside normal check-in hours.
The location is great though.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kworldnomad12
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend Relais Del Duomo for anyone who wants to be in the center of the city, a block from the Duomo, but likes the charm and feel of a small inn with fine hospitality. The breakfast, which comes with the price of the room, was excellent, especially the cappuccino.
I definitely will stay here upon my return to beautiful Florence.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

This is the best location you can have in Florence, 20 m from the duomo! Clean, quiet and beautiful rooms with a really good breakfast with super tasty coffee! And the host is very helpful, friendly and there for you! Highly recommended!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Very good pre communication from the hotel about arrival and to ask what time we would be there, Michaela was there to meet us and helped carry my bag up the stairs. I think they are only there in the mornings until 12, but couldn't be more helpful when there. We stayed in four B&Bs over our honeymoon and I mentioned it to them all when booking (as people advise you too). This B&B was only one that made real effort and put hearts and a picture on the door and left us a little congratulations note with a bottle of fizz, really put a smile on my face after a long journey to get there.

We received a map of the area and were directed to some good street food on arrival, there is a map by the entrance of recommended places to eat and we tried a couple including All'antico Vinaio (which does the most amazing Florentine sandwiches!).

We walked everywhere with ease from the B&B. The bed was comfy, they only thing I would say is our room was a little small with two big suitcases to manoeuvre around aswell. The lady was there to greet us at breakfast to offer a hot drink and hot croissant, lots to choose from for breakfast.

On checking out she offered me a bracelet that was made by the owner I think, so many lovely little touches, which just made our stay here extra special, I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Firstly, when I booked this place online, I received an email from the management asking me what time I expected to arrive so they could meet me there. The email included useful information regarding location and travel links/ timetables, a good start.
Stayed for two nights. Could not ask for a better location, in a little side street right next to the Duomo. Short walk from main railway station. The accommodation is very basic but clean and cosy with all the things you need. Small breakfast area with a good coffee maker available to make drinks 24 hours. Staff are not generally around except for breakfast/ cleaning but can be contacted if you need them anytime. We were given keys for the main front door on the street and the entrance to the 1st floor. The b&b is as said, on the first floor of a typical old Florence building, not sure what is on the other floors but didn't see or hear anyone over the weekend. Plenty of literature available onsite about the area and local excursions etc. Bed was a lot more comfortable than it looked and shower was good with plenty of hot water.

Not really much more to add, but I would stay here again if in the area and recommend it as a good base to explore the area.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family