“Excellent location”

Ranked #197 of 673 Florence B&B and Inns
Florence, Italy
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Locanda Daniel is very centrally located and offers an incredible view of the cathedral! I recommend it because the rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is always friendly and polite.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank gessicagtm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 21 February 2010

I think this as the best hostel that I' ve been so far....!
Quiet, clean, big rooms... just 2 but nice bathrooms :)
And it's very close to the train station...
I recomend!!!

Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ClaudiaFM
Alameda, CA
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I booked a 4-bed room, but ended up in a 5-bed room, yet I paid the higher price for a 4-bed room and not the cheaper 5-bed room. I had to move around (pack and unpack; shift rooms during my stay) so that other travelers do not have to move around. When I complained, the management had the audacity to tell me to move out and find other hostels. Believe me, I actually went out and tried to look for other places, but it was in the middle of the summer and everywhere was booked. Can you believe it? They actually told me to move out and find somewhere else to live.

Bathroom was dirty and you had to wait in line to use it. The gal whom I shared the room only paid 1/2 the price.

Talk about hospitality, fairness, and cleanliness!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2009

My friends and I stayed here for two nights. The location was great and our hostess was very helpful.(She resommended a really yummy gelato place called La Dome that was right around the corner. Try to go there if you can.) Carefully read the instructions about check-in because I met 3 different people that were trying to check-in after hours without having called ahead. It was a big hassle for them. There are 2 bathrooms that everyone shares. I never had to wait to use it, and they were both clean. There is a computer that you can use, but I did have to wait a while for it. We had a large air conditioned room with 4 beds. The screens on the window didn't block out all the street noise, but it was much quieter than some other places we stayed on this trip. Overall, a great value and a very pleasant stay. Tip: many things in Firenze are closed on Monday. Take this into consideration when planning, and try to plan to visit on other days.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 30 July 2009

we stayed here for two days, stayed in an apartment with a fully equipped kitchen, dining/ living room, shower and bedroom with a balcony overlooking the Duomo. what more can you ask for? its a spit away from the station, the market, the duomo, and an artisanal beer brewery... there is no AC, only a fan, and no hot water which was absolutely fine with the heat wave outside... everything was clean, theres internet access and the manager was really nice and helpful.
highly recommended.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 20 May 2009

We stayed for a couple of days while visiting Florence and Siena. All sights are in walking distance. The main station isn't far away which comes quite handy for a day trip to Siena. Check the advice on Italian house numbering on their homepage. Otherwise, you can get easily lost.

• Stayed September 2008
locandadaniel, responsabile di gestione at Locanda Daniel, responded to this review, 4 June 2009
Thank you. we hope to see you again.
Ciao.
Marisa
hayling Island
Reviewed 18 April 2009

Close to the train station and the location for seeing Florence was great. Fantastic restaurants nearby and a small street away from the open markets.

I was a solo traveller moving through Italy each day. My welcome was lovely and my room was very comfortable - free internet, kitchen with kettle and microwave and a balcony looking over the duomo. I would definitely make it my place to stay on a return visit.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
locandadaniel, responsabile gestione at Locanda Daniel, responded to this review, 7 June 2009
Thank you. Simply thank you.
Ciao.