“Excellent experience, definately to try!”
Review of La Casa del Garbo

La Casa del Garbo
Ranked #35 of 657 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed there one night in January, and it was nothing short of perfect. The room was charming, located in a typical old florentine building where they have kept the charm of the past times, yet modernised all the facilities, which are top standard.
Rooms exquisitely furnished.

The location could not be better, as you are in the very middle of Florence as soon as you go out the door.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful, and all contributed to making our stay in Florence fabulous.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank EmilStrom

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed 5 nights in early December and the suite (Lorenzo with kitchenette and overlooking the Piazza della Signoria and the Palazzo Vecchio) was fabulous and excellent value with a separate room for our son who was travelling with us and a separate kitchen/dining area for the breakfast served in the room and to prepare snacks sourced from nearby markets. The location is unbeatable and the service warm and personal. You will need to ask Marcello about some of the fruits of his other love from the farm in the hills surrounding Florence where he keeps the traditions of his family alive growing and processing olives to make an array of pure and simple products. Florence was a delight and the Casa Del Garbo a truly wonderful part of the experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MarkKingscliff
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We spent a week in the Gemma which is a double deluxe room, directly overlooking the square. It is a large, well appointed room with free wi-fi and an equally large bathroom. This was our first trip to Florence and we could not have chosen a better place, or location to stay, being right in the heart of the historic centre. There is far too much to see and do in one week, so we chose carefully and will hopefully go back again. Being out of season we did not have to book prior to going anywhere, nor did we queue. There was a public holiday while we were there and we got a taste of what the queues might be like in season. If you are a pensioner be sure to ask if there are entrance discounts, some are completely free, except that is, for the churches and the Duomo! We could not fault the staff at La Casa, they were all very friendly and breakfast was excellent. Although firm, we did not find the bed uncomfortable. Our only concern was that some nights when the Pub next door turned out at two and three in the morning, the patrons were very noisy, choosing to loiter while laughing and shouting. It was the only down side of this lovely location. You could of course opt for a room off the square, but then you will forgo the interesting daytime vista. The police could have done more by moving them on, but they didn't seem to be much in evidence, or even concerned. It was not a show stopper for us, just an annoyance. We ate a lot on the south side of the river, we found it cheaper, better quality and less crowded than the main centre. One such is Trattoria da Ginone (they are reviewed here), great food, great value, nice people, but be sure to book in advance.

Room Tip: If you are a light or noise intolerant sleeper, then consider asking for a room that is off the squa...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank b1gr0g
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My husband and I were on our Eurotrip for the summer. We had already been to Barcelona and Venice, so this would be our third destination. I had done some research on tripadvisor on which places to stay and I was intent on staying at a B&B, but only at a reasonable price. It was a pleasant surprise when I found this place but I was still skeptical since it seemed too good to be true. Once we got there, I was pleased to see the nice space for our B&B. The room was much bigger than I expected, there was a nice dining area and kitchen, and it was just what we had asked for. The windows are so big and it overlooks the Palazzo Vecchio. One night, my husband and I were even able to enjoy an outdoor concert!! It was just so beautiful-the music, the large windows that allow so much light and air, and the large space. If we ever go back to Firenze, we will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Our room was great, I'm sure all the other rooms are great too!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TFabella
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed 2 nights in an inner courtyard room, the Beatrice, in October. The room was quiet except during breakfast hours when guests can easily be heard laughing and having fun as the breakfast room is next door. The location of the hotel is marvellous, it is located right off the Palazzo Vecchio. Easy walking distance to all the sights of Florence and history literally at your doorstep. Good breakfasts, great service. The only complaint - which I have read before here on TA - is that the beds are hard. I previously laughed at those comments and thought to myself that I like a firm mattress. The mattress we slept on was not firm, it was cement. It was fine for 2 days but I was grateful to move on to rome and sleep in a softer bed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We stayed 2weeks in Florence at the Casa el Garbo and stayed in 4 of the 6 units. What a fantastic experience and location. Natalia the maion property manager was wonderful. She took care of all our needs and was always pleaseant to work with.Virgilio and Bobby were on it all the time and when I got a touch of the flu made me fresh squezed orang juice every morning. What a wonderful staff. We were right on the square and the view from the large front apartments was fantastic. The inner rooms not facing the street were spaciopus, well appointed and modearatly priced. I can not think of a better location!!! So close to so many sights and so affordable. We were there in November and not a carowd in sight. We payed less than 100 Euro a night and if had stayed in the inner rooms it would have been 80 euro. We plan to stay there when we go back It has to be one of the best experiences at a B&B we have ever had.

Room Tip: For the value the inner rooms with no view are well worh ita as you are out and about any way. So la...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelingman&woman
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed in this wonderful B&B for 6 days during my Italy trip. Situated at Piazza Signoria and easily accessible to the main attractions in Florence, its location couldn't have been better. I loved seeing the beautiful Palazzo Vecchio on my way out and back everyday. The rooms were exquisitely decorated in the Florentine style and exhibited a kind of Renaissance look. The staffs were extremely service-oriented and served a pretty decent breakfast. Natalie really gave good travelling tips and recommendations about food. To me, Florence is the highlight of my trip and this B&B certainly contributed significantly to making this an unforgettable experience!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends