“All around first class hotel!!!”
Review of Hotel Santa Croce

Ranked #40 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Boston, Massachusetts
“All around first class hotel!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We have stayed in many beautiful hotels with excellent service, but Hotel Santa Croce exceeded our expectations. The hotel is wonderful with much history, but the service was equally wonderful.
It has a very central location, with easy access to all the sites. We would go back in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wshfultravls
Hotel_SantaCroce, Direttore at Hotel Santa Croce, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your nice review, it's very appreciated !

We are delighted that you liked your stay at our hotel.

We're looking forward to hosting you again for your next stay in Florence.

Best regards by Santa Croce Hotel Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I read the recommendations of others here and decided to book this hotel for my few days in Florence and I'm glad I did. The price was right but the location really clinched it for me. Santa Croce which was my first stop in Florence- is just around the corner. And everything else you're there to see is within easy walking distance.

The staff couldn't have been more friendly and more helpful. And the Wifi, AC and breakfast were a big plus (and again, part of why I booked this hotel).

It's down a small side street so even though I was on the ground floor (I was in the Dante room) I heard hardly any outside noise.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TessM
Hotel_SantaCroce, Proprietario at Hotel Santa Croce, responded to this review, 2 August 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your great review !

We hope to see you again.

Mario, Gabriele and Staff
Oulu, Finland
Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

a nice, small hotel close to everything. rooms a bit worn but clean and sober. the staff really nice and polite. The price includes free wifi, air conditioning and breakfast.

I can recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012
Hotel_SantaCroce, Proprietario at Hotel Santa Croce, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Pap,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My trip plans drastically changed after breaking my foot on the first day of my vacation in Florence. I was supposed to travel with my Italian friends, but due to immobility issues, I decided to remain in the city. Florence is my favourite, and I have been there numerous times, but I usually rent an apartment or stay with friends. As I phoned around looking for a hotel for a long stay, I found Hotel Santa Croce by chance. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff convinced me to try it out. My sojourn at the hotel turned out to be memorable and extremely enjoyable. The staff is welcoming and attentive, the hotel is clean and has been recently renovated, and the Santa Croce area is central and exciting. Moreover, the hotel is homey, and I was delighted to meet other tourists from around the world. Though the hotel is a 2-star, it far exceeded my expectations. I plan to return soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My friend and I stayed here for several nights and found this hotel and the surrounding area very enjoyable. It is a 20 minute walk from the train station, but that was fine with us. The staff is particularly nice and the light breakfast is good. Rooms are clean, quiet, safe and beds are comfortable. The building is old and has no elevator, but the staff help with luggage, so as long as you are comfortable climbing stairs, this is a great budget option in the heart of Florence.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Pozzuoli, Campania, Italy
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This is a 2 star hotel, so it does not have the frills of a higher star hotel. That being said it well surpassed its 2 stars. Our triple room was small but clean. A crib was supplied for our child with no extra charge. The bathroom was small as well (but bigger than those I've seen in more expensive hotels). The staff was extremely helpful. Breakfast was basic but the perfect start to the day and was included in the very affordable price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Cathy,
Thank you for appreciating your stay at Hotel Santa Croce.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed in May for my wifes birthday. On a city break we are only interested that the hotel has a comfy bed and plenty of hot water. While it is a basic hotel it ticked all the boxes and more, plus the bonus was the very helpful and knowledgable team there.
What can I say, we enjoyed it so much I booked again yesterday to go back in June with my sister, her family and my parents to celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday.
(Also try the Ristorante FrancescoVini which is 1 minute round the corner.)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stuart P
Dear Stuart,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of stay at Hotel Santa Croce.