“Renee From Wales”
Review of Hotel Santa Croce

Ranked #48 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I travelled to Florence with 8 family members to study for a week. The hotel is very conveniently situated in the centre of Florence. In my opinion this hotels service is 5 star. All the rooms were clean and tidy but due to the fact that it is an ancient building they are small. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We are already planning our next stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Renee P
Hotel_SantaCroce, Direttore at Hotel Santa Croce, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Dear Renee,
thanks a lot.

Can't wait to see you again when you will come back to Florence.

Best Regards
Mario, Gabriele and Staff
Hotel Santa Croce - Centro Storico Firenze

Reviewed 8 October 2012

9 Cousins went to floramce to go to school. We all stayed at the Santa Croce hotel, we had excellent service and lovely clean sheets and towels every day. We are going back in March for another weeks school and we WILL be staying at the Santa Croce hotel thank you all the the hotel for your kind attention to us all, we look forward to coming back..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan P
Hotel_SantaCroce, Direttore at Hotel Santa Croce, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Susan, Remo and all cousins,
thank you so much for your nice review, it’s important for us.

See you next time you will come back to Florence to study Italian ;-)
We'll help you again with difficult words and with big numbers of the rooms.

Best Regards
Mario, Gabriele and Staff all
Hotel Santa Croce - Centro Storico Firenze

Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is not a luxury hotel by any means, it is 2 star and in a converted building, so set your expectations accordingly. It does have individual bathrooms and air conditioning.

The location is midway between Santa Croce Piazza and Uffizi gallery which is very convenient for sight seeing. There is no lift but staff will help with luggage. The breakfast is simple continental but very accommodating. The rooms are not large, but clean, well appointed and have good facilities.

The only disadvantages of the hotel is that the area is around many bars and cafes so it was a little noisy at night. Also, the bed was quite small and not very comfortable but a bigger room may have better furniture. Otherwise it is great value for money, a nice place run by lovely staff right beside all of the sights.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank lff12
Hotel_SantaCroce, Direttore at Hotel Santa Croce, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Customer,
we are delighted that you liked your stay at Hotel Santa Croce

Thank you for your nice words, they are really rewarding for us.

We're looking forward to hosting you again when you will come back to Florence.

Best regards by Santa Croce Hotel Staff

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We have stayed in many beautiful hotels with excellent service, but Hotel Santa Croce exceeded our expectations. The hotel is wonderful with much history, but the service was equally wonderful.
It has a very central location, with easy access to all the sites. We would go back in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wshfultravls
Hotel_SantaCroce, Direttore at Hotel Santa Croce, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your nice review, it's very appreciated !

We are delighted that you liked your stay at our hotel.

We're looking forward to hosting you again for your next stay in Florence.

Best regards by Santa Croce Hotel Staff

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I read the recommendations of others here and decided to book this hotel for my few days in Florence and I'm glad I did. The price was right but the location really clinched it for me. Santa Croce which was my first stop in Florence- is just around the corner. And everything else you're there to see is within easy walking distance.

The staff couldn't have been more friendly and more helpful. And the Wifi, AC and breakfast were a big plus (and again, part of why I booked this hotel).

It's down a small side street so even though I was on the ground floor (I was in the Dante room) I heard hardly any outside noise.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TessM
Hotel_SantaCroce, Proprietario at Hotel Santa Croce, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your great review !

We hope to see you again.

Mario, Gabriele and Staff

Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

a nice, small hotel close to everything. rooms a bit worn but clean and sober. the staff really nice and polite. The price includes free wifi, air conditioning and breakfast.

I can recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2012
Hotel_SantaCroce, Proprietario at Hotel Santa Croce, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Pap,
Thank you for appreciating our Hotel.

We hope to host you again in the future.

Best wishes,
Staff

Reviewed 16 July 2012

My trip plans drastically changed after breaking my foot on the first day of my vacation in Florence. I was supposed to travel with my Italian friends, but due to immobility issues, I decided to remain in the city. Florence is my favourite, and I have been there numerous times, but I usually rent an apartment or stay with friends. As I phoned around looking for a hotel for a long stay, I found Hotel Santa Croce by chance. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff convinced me to try it out. My sojourn at the hotel turned out to be memorable and extremely enjoyable. The staff is welcoming and attentive, the hotel is clean and has been recently renovated, and the Santa Croce area is central and exciting. Moreover, the hotel is homey, and I was delighted to meet other tourists from around the world. Though the hotel is a 2-star, it far exceeded my expectations. I plan to return soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for appreciating our Hotel.

We hope to host you again in the future.

Best wishes,