“highly recommended”

Bangkok, Thailand
“highly recommended”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights ,everything is excellent
fantastic room very clean and modern,wonderful kitchen,comfortable bedroom
Location is perfect ,easy to walk
My wife and I love to stay here and recommend to everyone
We hope come back again in a near future
lovely place

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Xenica, Owner at Residence Hilda, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Look forward to your return!!!!

My best greetings for a happy 2013.

Carlo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Greek first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week and it hit the spot. The hotel is small - 12 rooms - and fairly new - in business 7 years. It is really well located with the Duomo at the end of the block, so most of the historic sights are within reasonable walking distance. (We did not have a car and were very happy not to. The flat fare taxi ride to/from the airport is 20 Euros.) The street is typically narrow and packed with parked cars; the side walks typically crowded and bustling. There are restaurants and grocery stores and miscellaneous shops on the street near the hotel. The area feels safe and we were not uncomfortable on the streets in the area at any time, day or night. The hotel staff is small, but multi-lingual,very helpful, friendly and professional. The front desk has limited times, but there was no inconvenience with the arrangement. The hotel was clean through out and the house keeping service always did an excellent job. Our room, a small suite really, had a hall way opening into a room with a kitchenette which was completely outfitted, flatware, pot/pans and a table with chairs. A comfortable bed room and modern bath room completed the arrangement. My wife and I would love to stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel over look the street and tend not to be as quiet as those on the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir,
I've just read your review and I wish to thank you for your nice words.
Our reception has limited operating times, but you can ANYTIME (even 4 am) contact us by phone on the two emergency numbers on your keys and we will be on site in approximately 7 minutes (but we can also assit you by phone, opening remotely the front door or your Suite's door if you have locked you outside, calling taxis and reserving restaurants, etc.).
I look forward to your return with us and in the meanwhile I send you and your wife my best greeting for a happy 2013.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I stayed here for three nights and highly recommend it for other travelers. The area between the train station and the hotel is a bit grimy, but the hotel is within a great area. You can look down the block and see Florence's famous Duomo. The hotel room was essentially an apartment, fully-equipped with everything you'd need to cook (from olive oil and salt, to plates and wine glasses, to oven mitts and pans). There is a supermarket one block away and I believe the hotel will also buy groceries for a fee. The bed was comfortable and the shower was nice and hot. In New York City I would have expected to pay $400+/night for this kind of hotel, so it was not only a great place to stay but a fantastic deal.

The desk staff were always very nice although I didn't have much interaction with them.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your reviews and I look forward to your return.

My best wishes for a Happy New Year,

San Francisco
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, and would definitely stay again the next time we're in Florence. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the suite was very modern and clean. The location is perfect, centrally located and within easy walk to every major site. Great stay in Florence, highly recommended! Wifi was also strong and fast.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Xenica, Manager at Residence Hilda, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
And we look forward to your return!!!

Thanks so much for your nice words.

Happy New year!

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I usually mistrust glowing reviews and am not inclined to write when everything was more or less fine. However this place and, especially the people who run it deserve a special appreciation.

I stayed for 8 nights in a superior apartment on the third floor. It was very quiet, well equipped, with understated elegance in furnishing and design.

Valentina, Marzanna and Duka at the reception desk are real treasures and seem were able to do just anything you might ask.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Superior rooms are better laid out and have more spacious bathrooms with a tub
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank An_Alien
Dear Sir,

so glad to hear you were happy with us and that the staff assisted you properly. Hope to have you with us again soon.

My warmest regards,

Carlo Vigiani
(persimmons were from my garden, I personally take care of my fruits and my old English roses, 92 in total at the moment)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2012

On this, my 2th visit to Florence, I stayed at Residence Hilda for 3 nights. It was perfect and I will definitely stay there again. It was affordably priced, and I had a nicely furnished, large and spotlessly clean apartment. The staff was very helpful and the groceries I requested were in my apartment when I arrived. The location was great for the city center tourist spots, and near bus lines that easily got me out to other parts of the city.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan202
Xenica, Direttore at Residence Hilda, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
....and I hope to have you again with us soon!
So nice to had you back. Thank you so much for your nice words.

My warmest regards,

Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Disclaimer: my fiance and I got engaged in our apartment at Residence Hilda, so it will of course hold special memories for us for a long time to come.

That said, this was the perfect place for us to stay in Florence! The staff are extremely warm and accommodating. Well before we arrived, Valentina helped us book one of the most amazing food tour experiences I've ever had, and she and other staff helped with excellent dinner recommendations (we ate our way through the city, which is the best way to do it, in my opinion).

The building is charming, in excellent condition, and our apartment was spacious and gorgeous -- I would have stayed for a month if I could have. I believe there are only 12 apartments, which makes it feel like your home, rather than a hotel. Being in an apartment with a kitchen allowed us to buy fresh food from the central market and cook, which we did a few times.

The location is also ideal -- two blocks from the Duomo and central to everything in Florence.

This is not the cheapest option in Florence (nor the most expensive), but in my opinion, by far the best. I don't think I'd stay in a hotel in Europe again after this experience. We will definitely be back and will refer Residence Hilda to anyone we know going to Florence.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Xenica, Direttore at Residence Hilda, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Just read your review and knew about your engagement: my sincerest congratulations!!!! Now we had 3 babies (mums delivered urgently to the hospital to give birth to their beautiful babies, perfectly on time with the forecasts) and one engagement!
Really hope to have you back with us so that we can celebrate you! Maybe as a married couple next time?...:-)
My best best wishes for your life together.