“A must-stay hotel in Florence!!”
Review of Hotel Crocini

Hotel Crocini
Ranked #92 of 422 Hotels in Florence
“A must-stay hotel in Florence!!”
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel perfectly satisfied me in every single aspect. The room was big, clean and comfortable. The staff members were super friendly (especially Mr Lorenzo) and helpfull. The breakfast is nice and delicious (especially the cake we had on first day, I dont know the name). The location just one station away from train station (SMN) and 15 minutes walking if you want to exercise more.

Last but not least, thanks to Mr Lorenzo for helping me and my family during our visit there. I'm so sure that I'm going to visit Florence again one day and your hotel is absolutely my choice. Hope we going to meet again that time!:D

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear Travel G, thank you very much for your comment. My wife is here on my side and she's very happy to read this, as she's preparing every day f the homemade cakes we serve for breakfast :)
I really hope to meet you again so, Florence will be always beautiful as it is.
Saluti da Firenze - Lorenzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Hotel Crocini is about a 10 minute walk from the main train station, Santa Maria Novella in a beautiful area a little away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist spots. But like the concierge said "the end of the world is one mile away" (meaning everything to see is within one square mile). Friendly helpful greeting by, Lorenzo (told us how to buy wine at 50% off to take home, and where the best leather market is). Clean, quiet, quaint rooms with a view of the courtyard in an area that feels very safe (American consulate with armed guards is down the block). I have been to Florence many times and I woul say this is the perfect place to stay if you don't mind a couple of minutes of walking along the beautiful Arno River to get to the city center.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank married_travellers
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Dear married_travellers
It's really my pleasure to make our guest's stay as pleasant as possible even outside the hotel itself. I have been living in Florence during all my life so I know more or less everything about this town and what's going on every day:
I hope to see you again very soon in this wonderful small place that I love so much ;)
Saluti da Firenze
Lorenzo
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at this charming little hotel for two nights as part of our honeymoon. All the staff members that we encountered (4 individuals total) were friendly and helpful. The room was quiet, clean, we had everything we needed and even if we didn't, the staff made sure to note that they are there 24/7. We also got help carrying our suitcase up the stairs. The walk to the center of the city is great, with a lovely view - an easy 15 minutes. There was also a great little cafe right on on the corner of Corso Italia and Magenta. Breakfast was delicious - breads, cheeses, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. Every little detail seemed to be taken care of. Internet in the room was fast. On our check-out day we got a lot of help with driving directions outside of the city. All in all, a great value and highly recommended. Two thumbs up, Crocini!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Efrat B
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Efrat,
thank you so much for your feedback, we are rally honoured to be marked forever in your honeymoon picture book ;)
All the staff is very happy for your very kind words.. so we are looking forward to see you again with a couple of kids... the next time!!
Really ALL THE BEST.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Nice and cozy B&B good 15-20 min walk to Firenze centro. Big room, nice breakfast in a charming decor and nice music in the morning. Parking in their cortile with reservation. Personel very helpful and gentile. Small bathrooms and please pay attention big boys don't knock your heads in the low door frames...my husband (tall guy) had a couple of encounters....Very reasonable price. We spend 2 nights as a family with a teenager.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ruxi_2012
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear Ruxi_2012
thank you very much for your precious feedback. Yes it's true, this is an old house and in a couple of rooms we have pretty small doors introducing in very huge rooms, that's even funny but this is how a couple of centuries ago the architects were working. Last year when we changed all our room doors with the fireproof ones the guys got really MAD because we don't have two doors with the same size, they are al different ;)
So I look forward to meet you again here in the beautiful town of Florence very soon.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stayed in Crocini for 1 night, the experience has been good. It was just one stop away from Train station by tram. The breakfast was also served which was good! It was not very expensive either compared to other hotels near by. The hotel might have to work on the bathrooms, they were too small.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank koolvishal
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear Koolvishal, thank you very much for your feedback. This is an old house and originally was a diplomatic building , it has been not projected to be an hotel so every room is different, maybe next time - I'll be honored to see you again - you'll get another room with an 8 square meters bathroom ;)
All my best from Florence to your beautiful family and a special kiss to your lovely kids!
Lorenzo
Ontario
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Spent 4 nights at Hotel Crocini at the end of June. Florence was crazy hot during my stay (up to 40 C!), so the air conditioning was greatly appreciated. The hotel is a good 15 minute walk from the train station, and located on a quiet, safe street just a few steps from the river (no river view though). The hotel was very quiet, so I got a good night's sleep. My room wasn't fancy, but it was clean and spacious with high ceilings and a private bathroom. Along with the air conditioning, I appreciated the mini fridge and free wi-fi (even though it shut off around midnight). There was a large selection of cold breakfast items in a sunny breakfast room. The one drawback (a trade-off of being in a quiet neighbourhood) was the distance to the main tourist attractions (about a 20-30 minute walk). The walk was lovely, e.g. along the Arno, but it wasn't really practical to go back and forth from the hotel for break during the day. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank jaykay99
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Dear Jaykay, thank you so much for your feedback, I'm happy to read that you've enjoyed your stay :)
Actually we have a very good microbus service , Line C2 and C3, with the bus stop just around the corner, with a pretty good frequency of 10 minutes, 7 am till 8.30 pm: These two electric shuttles are running up and down on both the river sides to the other side of the center. For those spending more nights like you a good option is the "Firenze Card": this card grants admission to the major museums, villas and historical gardens in Florence, and also gives free access to al the public transportation for 3 days, including these electric microbuses.
Again thank you very much for your precious comment here on Tripadvisoir and I look forward to welcome you again here in Hotel Crocini
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed at Hotel Crocini 3 nights and were very pleased with everything. Quiet neighbourhood, not very far from the train station, very good breakfast, large room and everything we need. A place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Luc L
, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Luc,
thank you for you feedback, I'm really happy to see that you liked this hotel. The area is quiet and safe thanks to the diplomatic buildings that are all around us, this helps a lot.
So I look forward to meet you again here at Crocini!
Saluti da Firenze