“Well-hidden & very authentic!”
Review of Hotel Crocini

Hotel Crocini
Ranked #99 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Although this hotel has only 2 stars, I'd give it all 5 stars. Just because of it's 100-year old furniture. It's the same as staying at a museum... We LOVED it.

It's very simple, but clean. It has a very nice smell of old-times which gives a pretty nostalgic mood.
This hotel is not for everyone. But if you choose it, other hotels will seem chic-flic too you.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor. The lift that takes you there is lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear ethan1el,
yes, our standard rooms have all an original very old forniture, some pieces are 200 years old and even older. As I told to you here the world is divided in two, those who love the antiques and those who hate them :)
For this reason we have some rooms with modern style fornitures (superior) and the other with the original forniture of this building, that is a 200 years old palace, but we are not a 5 stars hotel, we are a 2 stars aiming to turn in a 3 stars in the future.
I'm really happy that you had the right room for you and your friends :)
So thank you very much for your very nice review and I look forward to see you again in Florence.

Reviewed 29 November 2012

My rating is a relative rating. It is a VALUE FOR THE MONEY SPENT rating, not a comparison to a Waldorf Astoria. The location, size of room, charm, continental breakfast, helpfulness of the staff, furnishings all rate as best in class! We stayed 7 nights and had a balcony room with private bath. Anyone looking for the best place for the least amount of money should look here. The courtyard was a warm and cozy place to have breakfast next to. Whatever we needed - iron, ironing board, water, utensils, the owner - Lorenzo, made available. We especially benefited from Lorenzo's guidance on where to go and how to get there. Anyone can find areas of improvement for anything and Hotel Crocini is no exception. The bottom line for Hotel Crocini, though, is that all things together, you will not find a better overall package for the money than here, so just make your reservations here, and enjoy Firenze and the surrounding Tuscany countryside!

Room Tip: Rooms with a private bath are more desirable for couples.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel R

Dear Daniel,
thank you so much for your review. It's true, we keep the service and the quality at the same level either in high or low season and this is a very big deal for the smart tourists like you, joining us in autumn and winter.
By the way Florence and the sorroundings are always wonderful, even in the cold season and they always worth a visit ;)

Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed 6 nights at Hotel Crocini. It was about 10 minutes walk from the tourist center, on a quiet street. It was close to a convenient bus stop and the central train station.

It was certainly not a luxurious place, but old and charming. The bed was comfy and the courtyard is nice. Breakfast was delicious, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy B
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear Kathy B, thank you so much for your rewiev. You resumed everything we offer to our guests in a few brilliant sentences. This is not a luxury hotel but we really like to offer the best service we can, in the warm atmosphere of a silent corner of the historical center of this wonderful town.
I hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

This hotel perfectly satisfied me in every single aspect. The room was big, clean and comfortable. The staff members were super friendly (especially Mr Lorenzo) and helpfull. The breakfast is nice and delicious (especially the cake we had on first day, I dont know the name). The location just one station away from train station (SMN) and 15 minutes walking if you want to exercise more.

Last but not least, thanks to Mr Lorenzo for helping me and my family during our visit there. I'm so sure that I'm going to visit Florence again one day and your hotel is absolutely my choice. Hope we going to meet again that time!:D

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Travel G, thank you very much for your comment. My wife is here on my side and she's very happy to read this, as she's preparing every day f the homemade cakes we serve for breakfast :)
I really hope to meet you again so, Florence will be always beautiful as it is.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Hotel Crocini is about a 10 minute walk from the main train station, Santa Maria Novella in a beautiful area a little away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist spots. But like the concierge said "the end of the world is one mile away" (meaning everything to see is within one square mile). Friendly helpful greeting by, Lorenzo (told us how to buy wine at 50% off to take home, and where the best leather market is). Clean, quiet, quaint rooms with a view of the courtyard in an area that feels very safe (American consulate with armed guards is down the block). I have been to Florence many times and I woul say this is the perfect place to stay if you don't mind a couple of minutes of walking along the beautiful Arno River to get to the city center.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank married_travellers
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Dear married_travellers
It's really my pleasure to make our guest's stay as pleasant as possible even outside the hotel itself. I have been living in Florence during all my life so I know more or less everything about this town and what's going on every day:
I hope to see you again very soon in this wonderful small place that I love so much ;)
Saluti da Firenze
Lorenzo

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at this charming little hotel for two nights as part of our honeymoon. All the staff members that we encountered (4 individuals total) were friendly and helpful. The room was quiet, clean, we had everything we needed and even if we didn't, the staff made sure to note that they are there 24/7. We also got help carrying our suitcase up the stairs. The walk to the center of the city is great, with a lovely view - an easy 15 minutes. There was also a great little cafe right on on the corner of Corso Italia and Magenta. Breakfast was delicious - breads, cheeses, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. Every little detail seemed to be taken care of. Internet in the room was fast. On our check-out day we got a lot of help with driving directions outside of the city. All in all, a great value and highly recommended. Two thumbs up, Crocini!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Efrat B
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear Efrat,
thank you so much for your feedback, we are rally honoured to be marked forever in your honeymoon picture book ;)
All the staff is very happy for your very kind words.. so we are looking forward to see you again with a couple of kids... the next time!!
Really ALL THE BEST.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Nice and cozy B&B good 15-20 min walk to Firenze centro. Big room, nice breakfast in a charming decor and nice music in the morning. Parking in their cortile with reservation. Personel very helpful and gentile. Small bathrooms and please pay attention big boys don't knock your heads in the low door frames...my husband (tall guy) had a couple of encounters....Very reasonable price. We spend 2 nights as a family with a teenager.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ruxi_2012
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Ruxi_2012
thank you very much for your precious feedback. Yes it's true, this is an old house and in a couple of rooms we have pretty small doors introducing in very huge rooms, that's even funny but this is how a couple of centuries ago the architects were working. Last year when we changed all our room doors with the fireproof ones the guys got really MAD because we don't have two doors with the same size, they are al different ;)
So I look forward to meet you again here in the beautiful town of Florence very soon.