“Great value.”

Ranked #89 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Kansas
“Great value.”
Reviewed 2 December 2009

For only 40E/nt. (November rates), my daughter and I got a large room with a private bathroom and a great breakfast every morning. --Cheaper than hostels she and her girlfriend had stayed at in October (no private room OR bathroom). Staff was super friendly and wanted to help.

I read the 2 reviews just posted and concur with everything they said. A bit farther from the center than would be ideal, but still walkable. Wi-Fi was spotty. A very quiet street, great staff.

The walls could have used a fresh coat of paint, some upholstery needed to be replaced. But VERY minor problems.

HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank ksmm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ekaterinburg
Reviewed 1 December 2009

The hotel is a bit farther from the centre (15 min, by foot), but it is an advantage - quietness. Rooms and bathrooms are spacy, everything is convenient, breakfast - substantial and quit diverse for several days of stay. I have no any claims against the staff, though was in contact for several issues with at least 5 of them. And very prompt reaction when booking.
Old furniture, yes, but it is even interesting to use.

For 2-star hotel it is a fantastic choice.

Mike Grekhov, Russia

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Albuquerque, Nm
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I stayed at Hotel Crocini for 4 days/3 nights based on the recommendations of others on tripadvisor.com. It definitely lived up to its positive reviews! The owner, Lorenzo (along with the rest of the staff), was very friendly and helpful. All the staff spoke English very well, so communication was not an issue at all. The map I was given upon my arrival was all I needed to find my way around the city. (I was thrilled when Lorenzo said Florence was about 1/20th the size of Rome!)

The building itself was lovely and located on a quiet street. The room was very large, and so charming--nice decor and just a lot of character. The bathroom was large, although the shower was a little small, but the water was always hot and a hair dryer was provided. The weather was cool but the room was warm. The room was very clean upon my arrival and was cleaned daily. I appreciated the little touches such as putting the bath towel on the radiator to keep it warm.

The breakfast buffet was very nice. Toasts, cereal, sweet breads, fruit, cold cuts, juices, coffee, tea, etc. AND it was included in the price!

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the Florence SMN train station, and the directions on the website were spot on. (If you don't have a lot of luggage, it's not a bad walk at all.) The hotel is located just a block away from the Arno river and a very pleasant stroll a short distance away from all the sights, museums, shops, and restaurants in Florence.

The only "downside" was very minor: the hotel had free wi-fi, but it didn't quite reach my room. No big deal--I would go out into the main hallway or downstairs to use my laptop. Like I said, it was just a minor inconvenience but I was traveling alone so needed to keep in touch with people back home.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. I stayed in 6 hotels during my time in Italy, and I'm pretty sure this was my favorite place. And it was the cheapest too!

Without a doubt I would stay here again when my travels take me back to Florence.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Victor, NY
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Hotel Crocini was the third place we stayed in our 2 week trip to Italy. You really can't beat the location. It is an easy 15-20 minute walk along the Arno to the sites and it is tucked away and quiet. It is on the same street as the American Consulate and a small theatre.

My experience before arrival was through very helpful emails that provided all the information I needed and staff also made our reservations for the Uffizi Gallery and the Accadamia, which was much appreciated.

Our room was spacious and along with the bathroom was spotless. The room/bathroom were cleaned each day and the towels were replaced. All of the gentlemen working the front desk were more than friendly and helpful and provided helpful advice. It was also nice to see such friendly staff when we returned late in the evening after sightseeing all day.

Breakfast each day provided many choices and should accomodate most everyone. If you are expecting a big breakfast, Italy is not the place for you. My husband and I always appreciate what gets us out the door and on our way in the morning - it's just one less thing to have to worry about.

Hotel Crocini provided a quiet and relaxing place to return to outside of the more bustling center of Florence. Everything was conveniently nearby or easily reached, I would recommend this Hotel to anyone travelling to Florence.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Bratislava
Reviewed 10 October 2009

We /mother and adult son/ stay in Hotel Crocini for 8 days. Hotel has good and safety location /about 10 minutes on foot from Railway station S.M.N. or 3 minutes by bus/ and nearby American consulat). We have silent room with terrace orientated to the garden. Our room with bathroom was excelent cleaning every day. Hotel has extremly friendly staff (especially owner Lorenzo - inteligent and nice person) and good prices. Breakfast was delicious - every day also fresh fruit and cakes. We recomanded Hotel Crocini for everybody who wants to stay in Florence.

• Stayed October 2009
Marilyn@Baldwin-Realty.com
Reviewed 6 October 2009

This is a real charmer! The room looked over a courtyard and was clean and comfortable. The hotel is family owned and someone was available 24/7 at the desk. The rooms were taken care of every day. Best of all was the breakfast -served in a beautful room looking out to the courtyard, all you can eat, good coffee, tea, breads, cake fruit, cheese, meat. This was all included in the price.
The hotel is located less then a mile from the Station so if you can walk a little you are all set. It is on the same block as the theatre and the American Cousel.
If I return to this beautiful city I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 26 September 2009

Just got back from a trip to Florence & a 4 night stay at the Crocini. Overall I'd say this was a nice hotel. When I'm looking for a cheap hotel, the main things for me are a clean and decent sized room, good location and friendly staff. The Crocini gets top marks for all of these.

Maybe I've been spoilt/lucky with my cheap hotels in the past, but I've managed to find a few small grumbles! First: on our reservation it said we would have an air conditioned room. We didn't, we just had a fan. Luckily, although the weather was in the 30s, the room was nice and cool, but for some people this might be a problem... Second: breakfast was just about OK. I found the bread (some days) and pastries (every day) a little stale and the fruit a bit old looking. Plenty of cereal though. Fussy/hearty eaters might be better to try elsewhere if a good breakfast is important to you.

Overall I'd recommend this hotel. I enjoyed my stay, and the staff were lovely. I'd very happily stay there again, but might look somewhere else first. .

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends