“Lovely Service and Superb breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Crocini
Ranked #94 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Brussels, Belgium
“Lovely Service and Superb breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

Such a lovely place to stay! Even though the bed wasn't very comfortable, the lovely host and great breakfast made up for it in 10 fold! It is a 2 star hotel, so don't expect more, and the building was not built to be a hotel, but over all the location, and value for money met the expectation, and the breakfast and service exceeded it.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Esthersnippe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

Great room: 18-foot ceilings, very spacious, with sink. We shared a very small bathroom with our neighbours, but it was right outside of our door. Except for one loud garbage truck, the street noise wasn't a problem. Breakfast was very good - a selection of 8 cereals, croissants (even though they were pre-packaged), ham and cheese, orange juice, bread, jam, yogurt, assorted sweets, apples, oranges and very decent coffee. Hotel is 10-15 minute walk from both the railway station and the heart of Florence. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2009

Liked the area - quiet and a 10 min beautiful walk by the river to the center. Staff at reception were very good, gave us maps and tips for our sightseeing as well as good places to eat. Rooms were small but clean with very old furnitures that made me feel I was in their great-grandmother's room & bathroom was comfy. Still I had to remember that I booked in a 2 star hotel... The only thing that bothered me was that "smell" everytime we entered the room. I have no idea what causes it but I thought I could still smell it two days after I was gone. If that could be fixed by the owner it would be one of the best 2 star hotels in Florence. By the way breakfast room is very impresive....

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ErrikaGreece
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2009

I stayed on the ground level. The wooden door was old but opened up to a very spacious room. It's a good thing the street is a quiet one, but I could still hear people walk pass my window being on street level, I did not open up the windows because there would have been no privacy.

There is a basin in the room and both the hair dryer and heating works well. The bed is a old and the sheets are very thin. That's actually all fine with me, but the shared bathroom was so cramped, there was no shelf to place your toiletries. The shower was separated from the wc by a filmsy shower curtain so it was inevitable that the floors would be wet after you shower. Imagine the discomfort of being the next person who had to use a toilet with very wet floors.

The rates were good for my 4-night stay. But this place is a long walk from the center of the city. But if you have the time and energy to walk to and from the attractions everyday, after a whole day of sightseeing, this hotel is value for money.

However, given the state of the toilet and stale breakfast offerings, I will not be returning to this hotel in the future. Last thing of note is the extremely alkaline tasting tap water that I could not get used even for brushing my teeth, had to resort to brushing with bottled water instead.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

For only 40E/nt. (November rates), my daughter and I got a large room with a private bathroom and a great breakfast every morning. --Cheaper than hostels she and her girlfriend had stayed at in October (no private room OR bathroom). Staff was super friendly and wanted to help.

I read the 2 reviews just posted and concur with everything they said. A bit farther from the center than would be ideal, but still walkable. Wi-Fi was spotty. A very quiet street, great staff.

The walls could have used a fresh coat of paint, some upholstery needed to be replaced. But VERY minor problems.

HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank ksmm
Ekaterinburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2009

The hotel is a bit farther from the centre (15 min, by foot), but it is an advantage - quietness. Rooms and bathrooms are spacy, everything is convenient, breakfast - substantial and quit diverse for several days of stay. I have no any claims against the staff, though was in contact for several issues with at least 5 of them. And very prompt reaction when booking.
Old furniture, yes, but it is even interesting to use.

For 2-star hotel it is a fantastic choice.

Mike Grekhov, Russia

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Albuquerque, Nm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2009

I stayed at Hotel Crocini for 4 days/3 nights based on the recommendations of others on tripadvisor.com. It definitely lived up to its positive reviews! The owner, Lorenzo (along with the rest of the staff), was very friendly and helpful. All the staff spoke English very well, so communication was not an issue at all. The map I was given upon my arrival was all I needed to find my way around the city. (I was thrilled when Lorenzo said Florence was about 1/20th the size of Rome!)

The building itself was lovely and located on a quiet street. The room was very large, and so charming--nice decor and just a lot of character. The bathroom was large, although the shower was a little small, but the water was always hot and a hair dryer was provided. The weather was cool but the room was warm. The room was very clean upon my arrival and was cleaned daily. I appreciated the little touches such as putting the bath towel on the radiator to keep it warm.

The breakfast buffet was very nice. Toasts, cereal, sweet breads, fruit, cold cuts, juices, coffee, tea, etc. AND it was included in the price!

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the Florence SMN train station, and the directions on the website were spot on. (If you don't have a lot of luggage, it's not a bad walk at all.) The hotel is located just a block away from the Arno river and a very pleasant stroll a short distance away from all the sights, museums, shops, and restaurants in Florence.

The only "downside" was very minor: the hotel had free wi-fi, but it didn't quite reach my room. No big deal--I would go out into the main hallway or downstairs to use my laptop. Like I said, it was just a minor inconvenience but I was traveling alone so needed to keep in touch with people back home.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. I stayed in 6 hotels during my time in Italy, and I'm pretty sure this was my favorite place. And it was the cheapest too!

Without a doubt I would stay here again when my travels take me back to Florence.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo