Private Best of Florence With Uffizi Gallery

Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Museo di Palazzo Davanzati
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2016

A few steps from the Piazza Republica is this mediaeval tower house Palazzo, a wonder not to be missed. Why? because for a start it only costs 2 euros, there are no queues, and this unique example also contains some highly interesting artefacts, all of which are extremely old and rare. Ariving just before 11am, you may get a chance to join a group, as the upper floors are only open to small groups escorted one floor at a time. If not, see if you can book for the next day. There are self explanatory boards, but the guide will answer questions, and gave us one prepared talk in the kitchen. (which is upstairs) A fascinating place, with a nice feel to it. Only open to 1pm daily.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 7 August 2016

This is a very unusual museum which shows how rich Florentine families lived between the 13th and 19th century. The beautifully restored palazzo is worth a visit, there is only a small entrance fee. Watch for peculiar opening hours.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank MuttiB
Reviewed 29 July 2016

This is the strangest experience ever! I walked in and was told I had to pay 2 Euros to go to the next floor 'to find out if there was a space for me on the next tour'. The tour began when the 'custodian' dropped the rope to the steps and led the group to each level without ever saying one word. NOT ONE WORD! No one knew what to do and about a third of the group left before the last floor. I would almost recommend that you go just for the total bizarre, surreal experience. As far as the palace itself it has an interest level of a 2 out of 5 due to the fact that the building interiors and furnishing are not original.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I saw it, and it closed for years. I believe it was/is one of the remarkable structures in the Medeoval age.

The kitchen, I'm a cook, brought me to think of different ways to prepare food. No. I don't have a fireplace or cast iron Dutch ovens for said device. The bottom floor was for horses and army. Top floors had areas for firing against an enemy. On top is a loggia. Good to see that it's open again. I'll have to visit.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 12 July 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening visit (first Sat of each month is 1 euro and open late). It was pleasant to walk through a late midwives house.

Date of experience: July 2016