Private Best of Florence With Uffizi Gallery

Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Museo di Palazzo Davanzati
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

One of the reasons I wanted to visit was that my recently dead mother had rated it as one of her fondest memories of Florence; I wish I could say the same! First, the opening hours... 8.15 to 13.50 - one of the cushier jobs in Florence! Only ground & first floor open generally; though I believe that the upper floors may be open between 10.00 & 11.00. It lets itself down enormously by limiting the access to the upper floors and with the staffing levels. It appeared when we were there that all attendants needed to work in pairs and some rooms were totally unattended.
The thing that really ruined it was the attitude of the woman behind the desk at the entrance - on returning here a few minutes before their published closing time to buy a card for my mother's memory, I was refused service and told the shop was already closed. The woman was already packing her bag - nothing like being prepared for a quick get away! Nothing I said would change her mind, she just kept saying the shop was closed.
Ladies - I'm sure you're over all the tourists (many of whom help pay your wages), so you will be very happy to know you have ruined my day and certainly impacted my memories of Florence in a negative way. I hope someone does the same for you one day. After a visit to the Bargello earlier in the day where the staff were wonderful, you stand out for all the wrong reasons.
There are so many wonderful places to visit in Florence where they are kind and welcoming. Do yourself a favour and visit one of them and avoid this one!

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank Janisa1
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We had a great morning wandering through this museum getting a feel for how the wealthy Florentines lived. Such opulence is seen in this palace still. Original wall coverings, ceilings and many, many artefacts show what wealth these people really had. This multi-storey building will have you climbing many, many stairs and you will be amazed to see the kitchen on the very top floor! Do make sure to book to see the kitchen however as the attendant is not there unless there is a booking. Well worth it!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank johjoyce
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We stopped outside this palazzo on a walking tour of Florence and learned that it was decorated and furnished in period fashion. Entering was not part of our tour, but when we found ourselves back in the area with about 45 minutes of free time and the admission fee in our pockets (5 or 6 euros, I think) we decided to go in.

It was well worth it! We could only visit the ground and first floors, but there was a well done video playing (in a room with chairs that had arms and backs, not just benches... sometimes you just have to sit down) on the ground floor, and the rooms on the first floor were exactly as described here by other reviewers. We enjoyed being able to see how residents used these rooms, how they decorated and lived in them, and the steps they took to protect what they had (definitely ask to see the trap door used to drop concrete balls on the heads of invading ruffians --- bombs away!). We were not traveling with our children, but I definitely think this museum would have been a hit with my kids, especially if I had been dragging them around to art museums and churches most of the day.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017

don't miss this gem in central Florence. The wall paintings are exquisite, and the collections are phenomenal. This was probably my favorite site in Florence. Make sure you see the bedrooms – they can easily be missed, thinking that it is just a service corridor.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank fermata1220
Reviewed 14 August 2017

In a city full of amazing museums, do not miss this one! What a glimpse into Renaissance life... Absolutely fascinating from the moment you walk in the door.. up all the floors.. I believe it is free admission with a Firenze Card, too. If you enjoy history, you must not miss this gem. It truly was one of my favorite visits on the 2 week trip to Italy!

Date of experience: March 2017