Franz House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Goldoni(Florence)
View Hotel
The Westin Excelsior Florence(Florence)
  • Pool
Hotel Toscana(Florence)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Roma(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsarno riverfew minutes walklocation is greatponte vecchiobathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this for a couple nights, and during the booking process we said we'd arrive at 11:59pm (it's on the receipt, we knew we had a late flight in). However, when we arrived around 11:45pm, we rang the doorbell, and no one responded. We rang the doorbell and called the phones for 30 min before leaving and finding another hotel. The next morning, I went back to complain and ask them to not charge us. The owner said that it states on their website that they do not have 24 hour reception, which I responded to by telling him we had told him in our booking when we'd be arriving. He did not listen, he repeatedly said, "It's not my problem" and he charged us anyway. I asked for the receipt, and saw that he had charged us at 10:20pm, over an hour before we said we were going to arrive. I've never had anyone at a hostel treat me like this, and I feel they shouldn't have accepted our booking after they saw how late we were arriving and they knew that no one would be there to receive us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I spent two nights in the Franz and wish I could've stayed longer. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the place is well-located near the river in Florence, not far from the train station. The staff are really friendly (we arrived after the limit for check-in, and the guy, whose name I can't remember, came from where he lives to let us in). Breakfast is lovely, lots of choice, if somewhat briskly served. The people who were staying there at the same time as us were young travellers like ourselves, and it was a nice place to meet people, even though it's not got a common room or anything.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This is the best B&B I have ever stayed in Europe. The host was awesome and he gave us advice on what to do and eat during our stay. The room was well equipped and spacious (my partner and I stayed in a room which can accommodate 4 people, I think). The breakfast was great and with a great variety of food to choose from. Every staff here was great and we had such a good time here. Great service, great advice, great bedroom and great breakfast. I never expected this much with such a low rate.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2012

After waiting 90 minutes for someone to show up and let us into our room (they don't have 24hr reception so we called that morning to advise of our arrival just, as they asked), we finally got into the double private bathroom. The guy was nice when we arrived; very sorry that he'd been told the wrong time & that he'd left his phone in the kitchen. Gave us a big bottle of cold water and towels.

The room was nice but the bathroom very small and smelly - the water system makes a really loud noise when you flush or shower.

Good location & easy to get to from the train station

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 14 July 2012

franz house was awesome! they provided great service and the breakfasts were very nice (eggs, toast with ham & cheese, cappuccino, yogurt, juice, croissant). the room was very quaint and the bathroom was nice. our room had a nice view of the river. it was only a 10 minute walk to the train station which was convenient.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends