“Located in the heart of Florence”
Review of Franz House

and 1 more site!
Franz House
Ranked #346 of 640 Florence B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Located in the heart of Florence”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed here from May 14-17 and found our stay quite enjoyable. The rooms were large, clean had a table and were located near all the main attractions. The host was kind enough to print some tickets for us. Only thing is that it can get loud at night if you leave the window open from all the cars and people talking.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The most important thing to note about this hotel is that you absolutely must check in either during the listed times or at the time you list on your booking. We got it for a steal because of the off-season, and the room was very nice and we could see the Arno from our window. It's not especially close to the Uffizi or Ponte Vecchio, but everything is walkable in Florence.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Perfect location for those wanting to tour the city by foot, within walking distance from train station and a lot of good sightseeing spots. Saff was very accommodating and helpful, gave us a map and outlined what good places there were to see. I would recommend to anyone who is planing on going to Florence.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I stayed at the Franz House with my mother for 4 days. Our host was amazing! He was so knowledgable and very nice. He prepared breakfast each morning as well. I would recommend this B&B if you would like a quiet, nice

Room Tip: If you don't like a little street noise, ask for an interior room. All rooms are on the same fl...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 10 days in June, we had originally booked for 7 however decided to extend our stay, this wasn't a problem an staff were very helpful and accomadating in sorting this for us, they kept us in the same room and added no extra service charge.

I recommend this for couples in their 20s or students travelling together, it is very cheap and a great breakfast is provided every morning for 2 euro (cheapest you'll find in Florence!) and sets u up for the day perfectly. I'm very particular about cleanliness and I cannot fault this hotel, sheets changed and room cleaned everyday, fresh towels provided and bathroom was a choice of ensuite or shared, both were spotless and very modern.

Staff are very friendly and attentive, greeted with a nice cold bottle of water on arrival out of the Italian heat was nice, they provide maps and great local knowledge on all the hidden gems this fantastic city has to offer. Good advice on local restaurants too, steak lovers check out "brincello" near the Santa Maria novella for a florentine steak bigger than your head at a reasonable price.

Great city cen location, can get everywhere on foot, 20mins from the local pool too if you want a break from the busy streets. Working elevator, good size rooms off reception, free use of computer and Internet an tv in room.

Would not recommend for families with children as very much a travellers clean pit stop rather than a child friendly, family environment. If you are looking for luxury this is not it, however if your looking for cheap, comfortable, clean, good location and friendly Italian atmosphere then you are on to a win!

Would return here in the future. Happy travels! :-)

• Stayed June 2012
Alaska
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This little hotel was nothing amazing in terms of decor, but everything else was fantastic. The people were kind, holding my luggage before check-in so I could explore and providing me with a multicourse breakfast. The room spartan but the window overlooking the street was FABULOUS! If you are a light sleeper I don't recommend it, but as a solo traveller I enjoyed sitting at my windowsill after dark (I don't like to venture out at that time) and people watching. From the window I saw a grandiose grand opening party, the river, and traffic and people. It was great entertainment when I was done for the night. It was close to things, but yet affordable. I would stay there again if I found myself in Florence.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Really nice place, got it last minute no problem! Owner wasn't there but rang him and he came in 5 mins. Lovely staff, especially female cleaner. V comfy beds, fab location and good breakfast! Would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed September 2012