“Great hostel, don't understand the negative reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Soggiorno Pitti

Soggiorno Pitti
Ranked #488 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Providence, RI
“Great hostel, don't understand the negative reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is a great hostel, we stayed here in July 2012 and it is directly across from Pitti Palace and only a 5-10 minute walk to most of Florence's major sites. The staff are super friendly and nice and the hostel is clean and well kept. Rooms are cool and quiet. We had a large two person private room which had a charming courtyard that we thought was quite "Italian-looking." Free wifi in the rooms. Extra secure, in a safe location, near to many restaurants and gelato shops (very important :) Also an elevator to take your luggage upstairs, also a plus. A top-notch hostel for a reasonable price in a perfect location, I definitely recommend staying here on your visit to this lovely city!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first
Lititz, PA (native NYer)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

After reading all of the scary reviews of this place, i was extremely nervous and skeptical about staying here. My husband and I just needed a place to crash in florence for one night because we had a wine tasting/dinner booked just a few doors down. The location is phenomenal. You truly can't beat it. Check in went extremely smoothly and our room was actually very nice and large! We had our own bathroom (again, wasn't sure if we were sharing or not, so i was incredibly happy to see we weren't) and the room itself was very clean. You also can't beat the price. Staff was friendly and accommodating. We made sure to arrive before 1 p.m. based on the other reviews and someone was there to check us in. Check out was also a breeze. A parking garage is located just a few streets over so that was also very helpful. i'd recommend for a night or two!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

they are closed between 1 and 3,30pm for lunch, you cannot check in then.

to check in after 10pm costs an extra 20 euros.

we were really pleased with the location - directly opposite pitti palace. our toilet was over the hallway from the room which was a bit annoying, and we had a locked door through to another guest's room through which we could hear everything! aside from that it was fairly clean and welcoming, the staff were nice and we felt it was fine given the price. few plugs didnt work. all worth it for the location though!

tourist tax has been intoriduced now it italy. in florence it is 2 euros per person per night - in cash. be prepared for this!

the hotel is a bit locked door between the SUperdry shop and a wee deli/cafe opposite pitti palace, you have to ring a bell to enter.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

The bed and breakfast is right in the centre of Florence in Piazza Pitti. I recommend to ask for a room facing the Palazzo Pitti: Unique! The atmosphere is warm and the staff is friendly. Not a fancy place, but I guess you don't crash here if you look for a Holiday Inn experience. This place is right close to a nice nigh life area.

• Stayed October 2011
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

The location is amazing, I can't complain about it. Our friend who lives in Florence has told us that we were actually staying at the better part of Florence (meaning the opposite side from Ponte Vecchio) because it offered cheaper and better food since it wasn't as touristic. Also Florence is a small city that it was so easy to walk anywhere. I even walked from the hostel to the train station (took about 20 mins).

I think we were lucky, and we had requested for the air conditioner and private bathroom, so we had the chance to stay at a nicer room. We were 3 people (a double bed and a single bed). They were going to put us in another room, I assume worst than what it would have been, until I mentioned that we needed the AC room..then he decided to let us stay.
By the way, they charged us 9euro per night for the AC, which I find expensive.

Lack of service, meaning that I can't seem to reach them when I needed to - on our arrival and departure date. Wifi is bad, don't rely on it.

But overall, I think this place was great for the location. I'm not sure if I will come back again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Perugia, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

My friend and I stayed in two hostels in Florence one weekend because we were booking last minute. Soggiorno Pitti is a fantastic location. Best side of the river for sure, right across from the Pitti Palace. They upgraded our room for one with a private bathroom for the same price as a room without one. Nice people! ... and a very cozy lobby. The couches were so nice to just sit back and take a load off!

Room Tip: Book in advance! Get a room away from the street.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank carpmill
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

Where to start... We put our boon in time as 8 am so we could make our 9 am tour. When we arrived another couple was already waiting outside because they wouldn't let ya check in till 8:30. Keep in mind it's late December and we are just sitting on the sidewalk. So when 8:30 arrives an employee comes and says it will take another 20 mintues while he gets situated. So we have to continue to sit outside. We eventually got in and checked in later that night. We find out that our room looks absolutely nothing like the picture they provide online, the atmosphere is like a circus with all the noise and the beds are super uncomfortable. Then comes the shower, we discover there are no towels and I go and ask for one. That is when they tell me I have no towels because I didn't pay for any. Seriously!? I had to literally pay for a towel. I would stay someplace else where you know what you get. Soggiorno Santa Reparata is where we stayed the previous nights and it was very nice and the owners very friendly. We also had extra blankets and towels for free and could check in anytime

• Stayed December 2010
3 Thank Jayhawkfever

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels