“Fantastic B&B for a city trip to Florence”
Review of Cimabue 9

Cimabue 9
Ranked #86 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2013

You are looking for a place to stay in Florence? Well, you should stop searching. You have found your place to stay. The small B&B Cimabue is ideally located to experience Florence and its sourrounding. The owner Enrico is an incredible host. He prepares the breakfast, he cleans the rooms (and they are really clean!), he provides tips and tricks for tailor-made daytrips to all well-known and many hidden highlights of Florence and he knows excellent restaurants of any price range.
By the way you won't need a car, if you stay in Cimabue, as this B&B is located in walking distance from the city center of Florence!
(honestly I did not stay in March 2013, but already back in 2012)

Room Tip: Ask for a room located to the backyard.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed here last year, April 2012 not July 2013 but I had to select something, but I have only just started to do reviews and had such a nice time here I had to write this up. Enrico gets several mentions but they are fully justified he is an excellent host, most helpful and really makes an effort to ensure you have a great stay. His father is also extremely nice.
I was there with my wife and son and we had the room just off the kitchen/dining area, which was an excellent place for the three of us, with the exception of breakfast this area was mostly quiet so we could just open the door and it felt like we were in an enormous apartment. The B&B has a nice feel to it, the room was clean and nicely decorated, the beds were comfortably and we had a good rest on both nights.
Breakfast was basic, but pleasant enough and a good start to the day and it doesn’t take much effort to strike up a conversation and you can pick up some really useful tips and info from your fellow travellers.
The B&B is a little way out of the centre, about a fifteen minute walk, we enjoy walking as it is a great way to see the city, and there is also a bus you can catch about a hundred yards from the B&B that stops just outside the main railway station.
This has been one of the most enjoyable places that we have stayed in and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: We liked the room next to the kitchen, handy for breakfast, and an extra room at other times.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at Cimabue last year and really recommend it: clean, reasonably priced, excellent location and wonderful very kind host who speaks very good English and can give you lots of advice for your stay in Florence.

Room Tip: The only minor complain I had was the vibrations/noise from the road, nothing major, but noticeable...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed here last year. Good location! We were surprised to see very comfortable room, very clean and with own bathroom and toilet. It was pleasure to drink morning coffee on terrace. Enrico, thank you very much for all your help concerning true information about transport, places where to eat and points of sightseeing!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

At first I didn't know it was a B&B (my fault for not reading details), which made my sleeping arrangements a bit uncomfortable (I was travelling with my sister). Enrico the MAN and totally hooked me up by letting me sleep in a vacant room for that night. I'll never forget that man, best night's sleep I had on that trip!

All in all, the place is great, and ask Enrico for anything, he'll make sure you're taken care of. Thanks again Enrico, Florence was easily the highlight of our trip!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at Cimabue 9 last year. And these were the fabulous days in Florence.
Enrico is a very kind and gracious host. His help and advice were very useful and helped us to see and discover this beautiful city. Enrico made a home-sweet-home atmosphere at his
B&B. And this place is just charming! Absolutely clean, elegantly furnished and with a wonderful terrace where it's so pleasant to sit with a glass of wine. B&B is easily reached by public transport. There are a good supermarket just 5 min walk from B&B and some good cafes. You can easily reach the river and the main places of interest are just 20 min by foot from there.
We love this place! And I can highly recommend it!

Room Tip: the room with the entrance to terrace is just great
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My daughter, mom, and I stayed 4 nights at Cimabue 9. Enrico was delightful! He was very helpful in recommending restaurants and sights to see. He arranged for us to go on an all day wine tour that was fabulous! The breakfast was great and the room very comfortable. We plan to return to Florence next summer and will definitely stay with Enrico!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family